View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 03:26 PM

Well mine was not the most romantic setting but it was nicely done AND a complete surprise to her (we had been dating a long time and had discussed this more than once so doing the "romantic setting" would have blown it) on to the story ......

What I did was pick up a small teddy bear from the store. I tied a little ceramic figurine around its neck (a swan actually) that had a little place to "hold something" inside it (ie it was like a basket).

I placed a penny in the basket and put the ring in my pocket. I then went to where she worked (public grocery store customer service desk). I gave her the bear and said I picked this up for you today cause I was thinking about you. She loved it and the swan and noticed the penny inside and said "What's the penny for??"

I said well its a penny for your thoughts. She said "thoughts on what??"

So I drop to one knee whip out the ring and said "On will you marry me??"

She couldn't stop crying! She said yes of course and then her coworkers announced it over the store PA and the whole store clapped and cheered (lots of customers, LOL!).

Worked out great as she was totally floored. Any other way (ie nonspontaneous) and she would have known WAY ahead of time!!

***SPECIAL NOTE: I should mention that my decision was TOTALLY last minute. I had just finished a tough day at work but had a good sales day so I had made some decent $$$. I left work went to the jewelry store picked out a ring, went to a Hallmark store for the bear and figurine and ribbon and then off to her work. Hardest part for me was finding a dam penny, LOL!!