View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Addicted Member

amale........I am 44. I have had a child but did not raise him. He is gone, (different story). But I have a theory. I think children wear you out faster. I think a woman's mind set is with that child/children and so a sexual relationship may get put on the back burner till they leave the nest. It exists (the sex) but the full attention is lost for a while. And even after they leave the nest it may never resume the full potential it was in the beginning.

As for me and hubby (a childless couple), we have no distractions and therefore we are extremely sexual and have been for nearly 14 years! We go at it like bunnies at times. I am not saying it doesn't wane. I think that there are times that he would like more or times when I would, but for the most part we have a wonderful sex life. My sexual appetite has never been stronger! I think as I age I become more aware of what it is that I really like and need. I love sex and I love exploring my wants and needs alone and along with hubby. If I had a child I would probably not focus on my feelings and needs as much as I would his/hers.

Just a theory.....but it is my experience!

Mrs. Lix