View Single Post
Old 03-13-2002, 09:35 AM

In absolute honesty, of the 20 or so female lovers I have had in my 54 years, none of them has expressed even the slightest objection to having menstrual sex. Some have been over-the-moon when they've done it with me for the first time, perhaps because they've felt that it's taboo or because they're unattractive during their period. I've been told both, but usually after the relief of having had sex for the first time during their period.

It surprises me that so many feel that menstrual sex is messy. Surely it's no more messy than any other type of sex? Sure, there's a different fluid involved and pads or tampons might have to be disposed of, but that's all part of the wonderful experience, isn't it? Of course, hygeine is important. There's always a risk of blood-borne disease. But for most, especially those who have known their partner for a long time, that risk is usually low. Condoms are a good idea if there's any doubt. Ingesting blood isn't a good idea: bathing after with an antiseptic soap is!

For women who suffer from PMT/PMS, raw sex, especially, can accelerate the onset of bleeding. To bring that bleed on during sex is probably the most satisfying and rewarding experience this man can have. The release and sheer love in all my lovers' eyes has been just incredible. And to prove to them that they're desirable during their period, when they are usually highly sexed, is something that I have always found my lovers appreciate.

Aggressive sex, in particular, helps to relieve the low-back pain, cramps and headaches that women often experience during their period. It's therapeutic. Tender love-making is also wonderful for both partners during that time. Those who haven't tried it, might just me missing an absolute treat.