Thread: Open Marriages
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 05:51 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
My wanting to have an open relationship has nothing to do with needing to discover myself, nor have I exhausted the sexual possibilities with Mr. Lil (well maybe for today but tomorrow is another day). Just because something is not your cup of tea, I would still ask you be respectful to those of us who see the coin from a different side.

I know who I am and yearn to share aspects of myself with others who I have come to care for deeply in my life. I find my need for an open marriage to be different from many. I do not seek an open marriage for a more free love lifestyle but because I have already established relationships that have in no way detracted from my marriage and I yearn to express myself sexually in those relationships. Mr. Lil, being the extraordinary man that he is, is secure enough to realize that there is no other relationship to rival what he and I have. We are in the process of sincerely weighing out what influence multiple partners would have on our lives. He has expressed that he feels glad that I am not seeking a lifestyle where I/he would sleep with people randomly but that instead it would simply be an option if either of us were ever in a situation where it was what we felt was right.

For me marriage does not mean we have agreed to forego any other close intimate relationships, only that we have chosen to make ours the primary one in both of our lives.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas