Thread: Open Marriages
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Gone with the Wind

part 3: Not that tired

HUGS Hi Cassie.
I read that link, and it is scary, but probably about right for 1933.
It supports the idea of the patriarchal society as an oppressive one for women.
But that seems to follow the definition, doesn't it?

I didn't answer any of sweet sixsense' questions though, did I?
Ok.
Jealousy.
I ALWAYS, ALWAYS come home. My loves know this, and it is a big part of the ease with which we have adopted this lifestyle. I never surprise my loves, I never keep dates from them, they always know where I am, and who I am with. (for safety- mine and theirs) I follow the AGREED ON RULES, about internet dating (never again) disease prevention, pregnancy avoidance, cell phone availabilty, emergency money, and to follow my instincts about people I meet face to face, which are very, very good.
I never leave my drink untended, and always watch the bartender make mine.
(Yes, it DOES sound like "Teen Girls' guide to dating" but it is also pretty much common sense stuff)
And I NEVER EVER, even when I am furious at my loves, make stupid comparison comments like "well she never treats me like that" refering to another sexual partner, or compare sexual techniques, or that "for a man he was pretty awsome" or "that was the best sex I ever had" kind of stuff.
Part of my obligation to my loves is to make her and him feel special, wanted, sexual, desirable, talented, even superior to those around them, all tempered with common sense. I am very lucky in that they are all these things anyway. Makes my obligation very light. Honest!!!
My belief in them and my love, respect, and admiration for them is what makes these things so easy to do.
And most importantly their respect, faith and love for me makes it possible for us to do this.
(Part 2, yes, they have open parts to their sexual lives as well, but very little, and the same rules apply.)

I am sure I have really confused everyone by now, but that's life.
Get over it.

Sexually polymorphicaly and polyamorously perverse,

WW

---Margaret Cho