Thread: Open Marriages
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 06:39 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Sorry Vigil,

I have to disagree with you too hun.

While I have never been involved in an open relationship, it is something I would not (and have not) rule out in the future.

I can see a lot of benefits to the relationship in this kind of relationship, however my immaturity and insecurities about myself as a person are what stops me.

I believe I have an excellent relationship with Fussy and at this point in time do not feel the need or desire for sex with others but at the same time there are sexual experiences which I know I'd like to try before I die (threesomes etc). What has preventing me from taking that step so far is that I am not emotionally or mentally prepared to live with all the possible consequences. I am too afraid that my own insecurities and petty jealousies may drive a wedge between Fussy and I and am not prepared to let that happen.

However, when Fussy and I have reached a level of maturity and our relationship itself has reached a level of maturity which we feel would allow us to deal with the possible complications of an open relationship, then that is when we may decide to embark on one.

On a related note, I've never understood why the 'sex isn't the be all and end all' crowd, also tend to argue that open relationships are wrong. If sex isn't that important to a marriage, why on earth should it matter who we do it with? And why should we risk our relationships by lying to our partners in order to get sex outside of marriage as so many people do? Personally I think that sex is implicitly important to a marriage and each couple needs to ensure that their needs and desires are met in a permissive and encouraging manner.....if this means going outside of the marriage with the other's full consent and approval then so be it....if not, then fine, no one's suggesting that it becomes compulsory!

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !