View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicksbro
Those models are wonderfully done, GG. I truly admire your workmanship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Neat! Actually better than neat.

So where is yours'?

They are well-done; but not mine, in this case: done by friends/acquaintances of mine.
My contribution was to set-up & explain the historical context or significance of the aircraft collection that I have from the game Wings of War/Glory. The publishing company pre-makes and pre-paints them in 1/144th scale. The only work I personally do on these is to re-paint duplicates. I am, however, working on a trio of scratch-built Royal Aircraft Factory B. E. 2c; a very widely used British reconnaissance plane use from the early war until about May, 1917.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
Such attention to detail, to have little pigeons on the roof!

And don't miss Mike's careful attention to detail, in providing copious amounts of pigeon shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
What do they use for building materials?
How long would it take to make one?

A wide variety of materials, depending on what the individual modeller thinks is most appropriate: styrene plastic is widely used, various types of hobby woods (anything from balsa to spruce), cardstock can be used, resin casts, sometimes metals like zinc or lead.

And honestly, the length of time varies too widely to pin down; depending on the individual modeller's skill, how much detail goes into the model, tracking down sources for the details that go into it, etc, etc. The scratch-built aircraft I mentioned before, for example: I started the project months ago, but total actual work time I've put into it for all three is probably less than 8 hours: other things keep getting int he way.