Thread: Mercenary Love
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Married Couple

Chapter Two

It was going on two in the afternoon when Lily followed Kade into the dimly lit Taggert's Bar and Grill. Behind her, two more burly looking mercenaries walked, keeping a sharp eye out behind and around them. Since turning twenty-one, two years ago, she had been in a few bars, mostly with the men she was dating or her close friends. Every one of them had been stuffy, cramped, and smoke filled. But that wasn't the way of Kade's large family bar and grill. All around, a warm, homey atmosphere radiated. The waitresses and the partrons alike smiled as she walked past them while they sat eating at the round tables. Feeling a little insecured, she slipped her index finger through one of the belt loops on Kade's blue jeans as he manuvered his way through the sea of tables and to the bar at the back of the room.

Lilly smiled as an older and shorter version of Kade walked out from behind the bar and greeted him. An older woman, with eyes like Kade's, followed behind the older looking Kade. After the warm greetings from the couple, Kade introduced Lily to his parents. She winced when Abby hugged her like a mother hugging her long-lost child. Abby had always known that she was loved by her parents, but her family had never been the touchy-feely types that showed their emotions easily. She was almost jealous of Kade and the love that radiated from his parents as they physically expressed their love for each other with warm hugs, kisses, and smiles.

From somewhere next to her, Lily heard Kade's voice. "Like I said on the phone, dad, I'd feel more comfortable protecting her here at the bar and our home. I know the people of this town and I also feel better having you here too. I know the security systems we have here and at home, plus, most of my men live here in town. It just made more sense." Lily turned away from Abby to watch the conversation going on between Kade and his father. "And like I said," Cole said putting up his hand, "she's more than welcome. Your sister is coming in from Dallas sometime this afternoon so, Lily will be surrounded by female companions to keep her busy."

Lily interrupted the "Hallmark moment" to ask if she could call her parents and let them know that they had arrived safely. Again she walked behind Kade as he led the way up the stairs to the upstairs office. Once inside, she saw pictures of Taggert's covering the walls. Her eyes immediately fell on a row of pictures featuring men in various military uniforms. Kade's military picture was hung up last. "Who are they," she asked. Walking over to the pictures he answered by pointing to each one in turn. "My great-grandfather, Tom. His son, my grandfather, Sam. His son and my dad, Cole. And of course me." "Wow," she gasped. "There's a lot of military history in your family isn't there?" "Yeah," he said, leaning up against the wall. "We even had some to serve in the Civil War, but their pictures have long been lost or destroy. A Taggert has served in just about evey war since the Civil War." Lily smiled as pride for his family spread all over Kade's face.

Over the course of the next few weeks, when Lily wasn't out shopping with Abby and Samantha, and being closely watched by Kade's men, she and Kade spent a lot of time together. The sexual tension between them grew with each passing day. Each time they touched, wether it be an accident or not, sexual sparks seemed to fly. She could tell by the way he watched her, and it wasn't just because it was his job to watch her, that he enjoyed looking at her. It wasn't until she became aware of the fact that she was unconsciencely flirting with him, teasing him with her body, that she too enjoyed looking at him, and desperately wanted to do more than just look.

Kade watched Lily as she looked over rack after rack of clothes. He was starting to get bored when she headed over to the lingerie department. Ideas and images started to flood his mind as he watched her hold up one item after another to her body, stareing at herself in the mirror as she did. He could feel his erection growing stronger by the minute and desperately wanted to do something about it, preferably with her. It took all his resistance to keep from pulling her back into the small dressing room and having his way with her right then and there. "She's your job," Kade kept telling himself. But nothing was helping to calm the throbbing hardness in his pants.

Finally back at his parents house, Kade found a note saying that they, Cole and Abby, would be gone out of town for the weekend for their anniversary. "Oh yeah," he thought. He had been so distracted with Lily that he had forgoten about his parents anniversary. Tonight would be the first time since she had arrived here that the two of them would truly be alone. His parents or friends had always been around the two of them. Looking around to the half-closed door of the guest room that served as Lily's room, he started to think about Lily and the purchases she had made earlier. With his parent's away for a few days, now would be the perfect time to make his move.

After a nice dinner on the town, Kade and Lily headed back to the house that he shared with his parents. As usual, some of his and his dad's mercenary buddies signal from their posts that everything was secured with the house. In about an hour, they would change shifts and a new group would go on duty. Some of the men that had been taking the day shift was some of Cole's old buddies, leaving Kade's younger buddies for the night shift.