View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 08:23 PM

To me, this is simply an issue of stigmatization. I find it horribly ironic that the same Bible-thumping hypocrites who say "all homosexuals are promiscuous" are now bitching about protecting the "institution" of marriage. Should they not be for something that would cut down on all the alledged promiscuity!? If this was an issue of discriminating on the basis of race, then it would obviously be wrong, but because it is based on someone's sexual preference it's considered ok.

This strikes me as just another place that the government has absolutely no business sticking its nose yet insists upon doing it anyway. Whether you are heterosexual or homosexual, it should enrage you that the U.S. government, for all that it preaches about liberty and equality when it serves its purpose, is now presuming to tell people who they can and cannot marry.