Thread: Intro yourself
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2002, 12:14 PM
Addicted Member

Well, ok...I think I like this thread....me being the curious sort and all....LOL!

I am a 44 year old seamstress (which I hate to do with every fiber of my being but I happen to be really good at it and make lots of money so....) who was just married in Sept. of 2000 to the man of my dreams. We had been living together for 13 years and we figured, "What the hell, we need to have a really big party"! He is in construction (explosives engineer) and he is in the midst of starting his own business. He is 36 years old! I like um young....teehee! We own a 100 year old farmhouse in Pa. and it is amazing! I love the country and would never live in the city. To each his own I guess. We have no children and, unfortunately we were unable to have any. But through mutual feelings we are satisfied with our tiny family! I used to make exotic costumes for dancers but now I make chairs......That's right..I said chairs...LOL! Seating is my biz....I just recently made the seating for the 2002 Academy Awards at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, Ca. The company who employs me has made many seats for commercials you see on TV every day. We are obscurely famous! The greatest oxymoron of all times!..........This is my life and I like it!....lol!

Mrs. Lix