View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 11:28 PM
1 of 8,029,150,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
........the drive up the side of the mtn included a terrifyingly steep grade that had me convinced that our Cruiser was gonna tumble backwards end over end, & the driveway to our cabin was angled the wrong way for a narrow mtn road.......

Zoid, Is that area part of (or near) the Blue Ridge mountain area? It's breathtakingly beautiful country and your description of the razor-edge road sparked an OLD memory from about … 35 years ago …. a while back, along the sheerest drop I ever got to spend about 30 miles next to. MUCH of it was cable guard rail along an edge too steep for trees to grow on, so you had a vista view that you didn't dare look out over. When my white knuckles saw the sign for 'Hungry Mother State Park', I knew somebody else had the same thoughts about the road that I was having. I sold that car years later, with my fingerprints still in the steering wheel.

BEAUTIFUL area , but somebody else can do the driving.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world