Thread: Burglary
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Learning to talk sexy

I think I may have mentioned before that my sister and her husband have had permanent guardianship of 3 kids for several years now (I think it's been around 10 years). The oldest is off on his own and there were some problems, but I don't think that's a bit surprising considering what he had gone through with his birth parents from a very young age.

The middle son, is stellar and the younges (girl) is as well. Their birth parents are both on the street crack addicts, and have frequently tried to get their children to take money from their own savings accounts to send them so they can "get back on their feet." Even spent several (collect) phone calls trying to get the youngest (who was 12 or so at the time) to sell her bike so she could send them money...of course asking that they would keep these requests private from my sister and b-in-law. Anyway, the youngest is now 17 and wanted to be able to go up and visit her birth parents over spring break. The middle son know this is a bad idea and wants nothing to do with visiting the parents, but also feels that his sister should not have to go up there alone (the parents live a couple of thousand miles from them). He's certain that it is going to be a very painful (emotionally) experience for her, so he's taking time off of work (from both his jobs) and paying for his own airfair (as well as taking extra savings in case they need to get to a safe hotel situation without warning) and accompanying her.

I think that's pretty wonderful of him. Gratefully the sis/b-in-law have several friends that live nearby and have offered to be available to the "kids" if they need an escape. Does that help Lil .... or is it just more depressing news?