Thread: Story to Post
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 04:13 AM
dobbydog

Need a Ride!!
Written by Bob ©
Email us at: rufriends2@aol.com

There were two of them in the truck. The driver was maybe thirty or so -- lean, unshaven, an earring in one ear, and a gleam in his eyes that I should have been wary of. His companion was younger -- not much older than me. He was wearing a cowboy hat. I should have shook my head and kept walking, but something made me say, "Yeah, sure," and all of a sudden the cowboy opened his door, hopped out, and motioned for me to climb up. I did, conscious of him behind me as I slid over, the leather seat cool on the backs of my thighs. The cowboy grinned and slid over next to me, so I was squeezed between the two of them. Then he closed the door and we started moving."Where you headed?" It was the driver again. He seemed the more talkative of the two. I shrugged."Anywhere.""You runnin' away?" Maybe runaways were common around here. I shrugged again."Got nothin' to go back to." I tried to sound tough."What's your name?" asked the cowboy. He was looking at me, a smidgen of the grin he'd given me earlier still remaining."Jo," I said."Well, I'm Todd, and this here's Curtis," he answered, motioning to the driver."Nice to meet'cha, and thanks for giving me a lift.""No problem," said Curtis. "Anything for a pretty face."I could feel my cheeks flushing, and I overlooked the compliment. "So where's the nearest city?""Oh, not for a few miles yet," answered Curtis. "We got time to get acquainted."Something about that last sentence gave me goose bumps, but I ignored it."Hey, you wanna listen to some music?" asked Todd. Even before I answered, he reached past me, his arm brushing mine, and flicked on the radio. Country. I should've known. We drove for a little while in silence, listening to a variety of twangy, acoustic ballads about two-timing men and faithless women and dying dogs, and I watched the road. Curtis had a can of Budweiser between his legs, and he'd sip from it every now and then. It made me a little nervous, but he didn't start swerving or anything, so I figured he wasn't drunk. Todd sang along to the radio under his breath. He had kind of a nice voice."Wanna make a pit stop?" It was Curtis, and already he'd turned off at an exit, and the headlights pierced a deeper darkness ahead. There were trees on either side of the road, hemming us in, so it seemed like we were going down a long tunnel."I gotta take a piss," Todd informed us. I figured we'd be pulling into a gas station, but there were no lights or signs of civilization anywhere. I began to get worried."Do you know where we are?" I hazarded."'Course I do," Curtis answered. "The middle of nowhere."He and Todd both laughed, but I didn't think it was very funny. The woods around us were so dark. I tried to remember the last time I'd seen an oncoming car."Curt, I gotta piss," Todd complained again, and suddenly Curtis pulled off to the side of the road."Go piss in the damn woods," he said. "Me and Jo'll wait for you."So Todd hopped out of the cab and slammed the door behind him, and I was left alone with Curtis."You wanna stretch your legs a bit?" he asked after a minute or two. I figured anything would be better than sitting in that uncomfortable silence with him, so I nodded. He opened the driver's side door and hopped out, then helped me step down, and I thought it was oddly gentleman-like.We walked around to the back of the truck. The moon was out, and there were crickets singing in the trees. Curtis put the end of the truck down, and invited me to have a seat."So, you got a boyfriend, Jo?" he asked once I was settled. I felt that ache in my throat as I shook my head."Not anymore.""Why not? Cute little thing like you ought to have guys after her all the time."I snorted. "Yeah, right.""You don't think I'm serious?" he asked, leaning closer to me -- close enough that I could see the glimmer of his eyes in the darkness. "I think you're real cute. You mind if I kiss you, Jo...?"Before I could protest, he already had. His mouth was soft and his breath tasted like alcohol, and I could feel my stomach fluttering with nervousness. "Mmm, I like that," he whispered, kissing me again. This time he put his hands on my thighs -- they were so warm against my bare skin -- and moved my legs apart so he could situate himself between them.

Continued To The Next responce Below