View Single Post
Old 09-29-2002, 12:28 PM
Missing Member

Amy's eyes flutter open. For a moment everything is still a blur. Her eyes begin to focus, and she realizes that she is in the back of a car. She is still dazed as the memory of what had transpired moments before began to dribble back into her brain.

She was confused. She couldn't remember if she should be scared or grateful to this man. She remembered him handing her her pen. She remembered him offering her a warm ride home and she remembered running away from him.

Then, she remembered that look in his eyes. She had insulted him by refusing his assistance. That was probably what it was...or was it?

She moved her hand to the back of her head and felt the large bump and winced. She began to sit up slowly, her head aching and still a bit dazed. She decided that she had probably overreacted and as a result the swelling egg on the back of her head was her punishment.

"I..I'm sorry," she stammered, "Thank you for taking me home. I didn't mean to seem ungrateful. My dorm is right up there," she pointed to a large building up the street and to the left.