View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Coastie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyriasis
So?

Do you honestly think America will go to war with North Korea?

And, do you honestly think North Korea will go to war with America?

The answer should be no, as this is all just to distract from the mess left in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now Iran and North Korea want to attack America's freedom?

It's doodoo, and people fall for it.

There won't be a war with North Korea, for a start they have 1.2 million soldiers so an invasion is simply out of the question. If America go on a bombing campaign, you're gonna isolate yourselves further from the rest of the world.

You know who else has nuclear weapons? Israel. Hell, they've had nuclear weapons since 1968, but I don't hear anybody calling for them to be disarmed? I don't hear anybody calling for India and Pakistan to be disarmed, do you?

The only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear weapon is America, and I think everybody knows what happened.

This is all a joke; a distraction.

Jeez, wake up.

So.... who is making all these distractions? You don't think that NK really launched 7 missles and has nuclear missles? The US is using it as a distraction and that's why there are 6 party talks? Sure the North Korea has a 1.2 Million army, and how many of them actually have weapons? If there were a war Yes much of north and south korea would be in ruins they both have large amounts of artillery already aimed in on targets. Both military and cilvian targets. The best resolution for North Korea would be thier leader stepping down (he has his people convinced he is a demi-god, and the son of god he has his people brainwashed and he is rattling sabers with the world he is afraid his people will find out the truth, he routinely has people killed for small violations).
I don't think China would necessarly step in to a conflict, they are a key economic ally of North Korea, but I don't think they would think it in thier best intrest enter in a direct conflict with the US .... yet. It may not be that long before China's military might it equal to or surpasses that of the US, probally 10-20 years top. They are fighting a economic war now, and using thier growth to fuel thier military.

"The only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear weapon is America, and I think everybody knows what happened."

True or False, more people would have died had the US not bombed Japan. If Japan hadn't surrendered unconditionally you would have seen Operation Coronet, a planned amphibous assault to revial that of the one in europe. The casualities would have been 100's of thousands of troops, and possible millions of civilians.

"This is all a joke; a distraction. "

What exactly is the distraction? What is the joke?

For both Iran and North Korea you see more unity between countries in thier pressing for a resolution. W is taking a more diplomatic approach for once, maybe things can be resolved peacefully, who wouldn't prefer that?

Also on a side note... there are hardly any US military personnel stationed near the DMZ. Most of the US presence is farther south in the country, 2ID is probally the closest but that don't have the role they had a one point, they are still probally the quick reaction force aka speed bump.