View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 11:38 AM
obsolete

My 2¢ worth...

In my experience, the more players in a role play, the more chance of the original premise going astray (sometimes in a bad way) if the writers don't interact or at least post to an OOC thread. Personally, I prefer to discuss in PM, IM or group chat whenever possible.

I agree with Z, in that the originator of the thread normally has a premise and usually some sort of an "outcome" in mind as well. If all the players are aware of this, they can develop their characters accordingly. That's not to say it should be a scripted play, with no side stories permitted or with a plot so rigid that there isn't room for innovation. Far from it.

If the story is set in an "era", all players should be aware that there are no cars in medieval times or color TV and microwaves in 1930's. If it's a murder mystery, then the players shouldn't lose sight of that. If it's "modern/realistic", then we wouldn't expect to see magic and fairies or dragons if that were not part of the original intent.

Every player doesn't need to know every little plot twist that's coming. Seeing what the other players develop character and plot-wise as they write is part of what makes the whole group roleplay exciting.

I would LOVE to see a couple of good group stories begin. Ideas, anyone?

Prophet... Welcome back to Role Play. The stage is wide open, all that's needed is the play and players.