View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I believe if its pushed the school district will have to back down. Schools, due to public pressure are trying to regulate things out of their control. Next year we were told we are to be a sugary snack free zone. No candy can be used or consumed in around the students. No soft drinks either. No chips etc. No fast food for school parties.

I expect a list to be published of no nos. I know of another school in my district where the teachers are not permitted to consume anything including water in front of the students due to them being considered role models and consuming things = endorsement.

I think the worst I've seen is the peanut allergies. One kid comes within 500 yards of any legume and he dies so what does the school district do?

Enforce a peanut-free zone. That's right. No peanut products in the cafeteria, no kids in ANY school can bring peanut products in their lunch, no teachers can bring any peanut products in their lunch or for a party.

Now I can see the restrictions on the cafeteria or elementary school he was at, but the entire city?