Thread: The Betrothal
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Married Couple

Chapter One

Eighteen years later.

Baroness Gabrielle Rauh felt like a caged tiger inside of her bedroom; she was even pacing the floor like one. Every once in a while her deep chocolate brown eyes glared at the door, daring anyone, especially her father, to enter her room. "How dare he," she ranted as she continued to pace. She made quick, sharp turns as she did. Her long raven black hair was trying to escape the tightly wound bun that it was in. If she had been wearing a dress, and not the male clothing she always did when home, it would have swished with each turn that she made. She ranted again, "How dare he betroth me to that man?!"

Just hours ago her father, Baron Yuri Rauch, had told her of the bertothal that had been signed when she was still an infant. It was law that if a woman stayed unwed until her twentith birthday, she would be a free woman; free to do as she wished with her life and live it the way she choose. She was just days away from her eighteenth birthday and now her father was telling her that she was batrothed. And not betrothed to just any, but betrothed to the crown Prince, Vlad Petkov. She cringed with anger as the thought of her freedom, thou it be two years away, had been so close and now was completely gone.

Not wanting them too, Gabrielle's thoughts turned to her betrothed. She sighed as she had to admitt that his tall, well muscled body was pleasing to her eye. She had seen his bare tanned skin during the hot summer months when he and some of his friends had been swimming in the river when she had went to water her horses. His long golden hair hung to his shoulders. It had waved slightly in the breeze as he and his friends enjoyed their childish games.

On the occassions she had done business with Prince Vlad, Gabrielle had noticed just how dark his sapphire blue eyes were. Those eyes, along with the improper suggesions he made every time they were alone, filled her dreams at night with a buning desire. Her fingers longed to feel just how soft his hair was. And her loins... God, her loins were driven mad with the thought of the pleasure he could bring to her virginal body. Those improper suggestions were reaking havoc on her senses as she wanted desperately to feel him preforming them.

Gabrielle felt her cheeks go flush from the thoughts. Shaking her head, she cleared her mind of Prince Vlad. "No," she said aloud to herself, gasping as she did and leaning against the wall, "he'll never know how my body feels under his. And I shall never know his."

The sound of the door opening reminded Gabrielle of her anger and she turned to pounce on whomever it was that dare to enter her lair. She glared at her mother, Baroness Anya Rauh. "How could you and father do this to me," she said rather loudly, but still trying to keep from shouting. "How dare you betrothe me to the one man I absolutely CAN NOT STAND!" The last three words were difinately shouted. "I know you've had some run-ins with Prince Vlad over your horses," her mother said softly, "but your father was thinking of your future when the betrothal was made. A week, or there abouts, after your eighteenth birthday, you and he will wed. You will become a Princess, my dear. You no longer will be just a Baroness, but a crowned Princess who will one day be queen." The Baronesses face showed great excitement for her daughter. She only wished her daughter would share the same.

"I don't want to be a Pincess and I have even less intentsions of being Queen," Gabrielle retorted wtih a deadly glare in her eyes. "Prince Vlad thinks my horses are the finest he's ever seen, yet refuses to pay the price I ask for them." "He is royality," Anya calmly said; her shoulders shrugging as her hands went out, her palms up in a sigh.

"Yes," Gabrielle continued, both in her ranting and pacing, "and he's a pompus ass as well. Not only does he insult me over my finely breed horses, but he thinks that because he's the crowned Prince, he can bed any woman he wants, including me. No husband of mine, Prince or not, will bed any woman he wishes. My husband will be true to me and me alone."

"But he is royality," Anya again said to her enraged daughter, hoping to calm her down. Gabrielle stared at her mother with a look that let her know quickly that she was far from calm. "How long has he known," she asked her mother as she glared at her. "He has known that he's been betrothed for about two years now, but he does not know to whom." "Will you at least bathe before we go to the castle for your birthday celebration," she asked. "Why," Gabrielle asked, knowing that her work with her horses did make her smell rather unwomanly, "so that my true apprience won't be shown as I am introduced as the Prince's bride-to-be at the same time. I think not." Her glare turned lethal as she calmly replied, "I will not be going."

Gabrielle and her mother hadn't notice her father's entrance into her bedroom. "You will be going," Yuri demanded. "And you will be going in the dress that Queen Titania had made especially for you and that glorious evening. And you will mind your manners young woman, or I'll... I'll..." "You'll what, father," she asked, her tone vicious now, like a snake striking it's prey. "I'll have you horse whipped," he yelled. "Yuri," Anya screeched, "you'll do no such thing. She can not be mared in any way. And besides, you know that you could never harm your own flesh and blood that way."

Gabrielle watched her father's anger deflate as her mother's words reached his ears. "Your right," Yuri said, slumping against the wall. She could tell that his heart hurt for thinking, and especially for speaking, the words he just had. "I'm sorry," he said. Then pleadingly, he asked his daugher, "Will you please try to be the lady that I know is hidden under that male facade of yours. I know that you are a great horse breeder and trainer. Even the crown Prince knows as well or he wouldn't continue to buy only from you. I feel that he picks the fights with you just so that he can be close to you. You must try to at least get along with him regardless. Please don't dishonor yourself?"

Gabrielle felt her anger leave her. How could she tell her father "no"? She had never been able too. "Yes, father," she finally said. Her voice had been low, but her promise was there and regardless how mad see was, she would never break her promise. Nor would she dishonor herself, or her family, in any way. She would attend the celebration in honor of her birthday and engagement. And she would be on her best behavior. She would even marriy the Prince. But, she would not give in to the desires that her body felt each time she was near him. He would have to really work to break down her defenses and consumate their marriage.

Two days later.

Prince Vlad Petkov stood before his mirror, dressing himself for the celebration that was getting underway in the castle below him. Next to him was his best friend and personal body guard, not that he needed one, Petroff Boleslav. "How long have you known," Petroff asked his friend. "Known what," he replied casually. Petroff hit his elbow against Vlad's and continued to tease, "You know... That Gabrielle was your betrothed?" "That's the funny part, Petroff," he said, grinning at their reflections. "I've known for two years now that I had a betrothed, even hoped beyond hope that it would be her. But it wasn't until we went to her stables a few days ago did I learn it was her. You remember. We overheard her and her father agruing over the betrothal."

Vlad stood back and looked at himself. His massive body adorned in the regal dark blueish purple fabric; his cape bore the royal Petkov Family crest on it. His belt was sinched tightly to his slightly smaller hips. At twenty-eight, he was a mountain of a man. At six foot six, he stood just a few inches taller than Petroff. His arms, legs, chest, everything about him larger than any normal sized man. His father, the King, was a massive man, but he was bigger than even he.

"You know," Vlad said aloud, "I'd give up all my mistresses here in the castle and around the country side if Gabrielle was to ask me to do so. Not that I'm going to tell her that, but if that was what she wanted, I would." "You," Petroff chuckled, "give up all those women." "Yes," he said glaring at his friend. "I would give them up only with the condition that she was willing to give into me whenever I wanted to have her. Otherwise..., I'll have to keep them around. And..." He held a finger up before saying, "I'm the only one she lays with."

Vlad thought about all those times that he had looked down into Gabrielle's desirable brown eyes. Her large breasts rising and falling with each breathe she drew in. He had seen her when she didn't know he was around and could easily see the change in her breathing when he was near her. He knew that try as she may, Gabrielle wanted him; at least her body did, her mind and heart would come around to it soon. His body ached to touch every part of her, to kiss her everywhere, and to place his face between those large mounds and smother himself in their glory.

"Vlad. Vlad."

Vlad shook his head to remove the thought of her naked body, or what he imagined her to look like naked, from his mind. "What," he said smiling back at Petroff, his mind finally back to where it needed to be. Petroff began laughing uncontrollably. "Your never going to make it through tonight," he said as he laughed. "You haven't even seen her yet tonight, let alone danced with her, and already your mind is on bedding her."

Vlad knew that Petroff was right. His loins were already aching just from the thought of her. How would his body reacted when he shared their betrothal dance together? Would he be able to control his urge to have her? He'd have too. There was still a week until the wedding. He wondered if he would ever be able to make it.

Moments later, Vlad and Petroff stood next to his parents, King Stefan and Queen Titania. Once all the guest had been greeted, King Stefan nodded to the hearlds to summon Baron Rauh and his family. Vlad stood next to his parents as they each took their own throne. He took in a deep breathe as the hearld announced, "Baron Yuri Rauh and his wife, Baroness Anya". He watched as his future in-laws entered the room and made their way to his parents and bowed before taking their own respectful seats on either side of his parents. The doors had closed behind them and he now held his breath as the hearld announced, "Baroness, and future Princess, Gabrielle Rauh". He continued to hold his breathe as the doors opened again. His worst fear, that she would not be on the other side of them, was put to rest as she entered the grand room.

Vlad felt his lungs crying for air and drew in a much needed breathe. He almost went breathless again as he watched Gabrielle glide across the room towards him in the glorious dark blue gown that his mother had ordered as a gift for her future daughter-in-law. The fancy white lace trimmed the neck, arms, and bottom. The gown revealed her breasts beautifully and he was once again aching to touch them.

At that moment, Vlad knew Petroff was right. He was never going to make it through this night with out wanting to bed her, or at the very least, touch her as he soon would in private. He gave a sideways glare at Petroff and saw that his best friend was trying to keep a straight face and from laughing out loud. Vlad planned to beat the hell out of Petroff when they met for their training session tomorrow. But for now, the sideways glare had to suffice.

Vlad's eyes went back to his betrothed. Gabrielle was now bowing in front of him. Taking his cue, he descended the few steps and bowed to her. Taking her hand in the formal stance, he led her to the center of the room. Still holding her hand out with his own, he pulled her waist tight to him with his other. Their bodies were tightly molded together as she look up at him and finally placed her other hand on his shoulder with a "hmph". The music started and they began to dance. His sapphire eyes went from her brown ones, to her pert nose, then noble chin, and finally to her breasts before returning to her face.

"You look beautiful, Gabrielle," Vlad said. "And happy birthday as well." The closeness of their bodies was causing his manhood to harden. "Thank you, your Majesty," she said through clenched teeth. He pressed himself harder against her, causing her to say, "I suggest you keep your favorite part sheathed until we are married." A smile then spread across her face. "You may even be required to keep it sheathed then as well." "Come now, my dear," his tone turning quit sensual, "it will be released on our wedding night when we consumate our marrige."

Vlad noticed Gabrielle's eyes darken just before she said, "I demand that once we are married, you have no other woman besides me. No mistresses inside or outside of the castle." He smiled and wondered if Petroff had told her about their converstaion, but knew he hadn't. He had been by his side since the conversation. "Very well, Gabrielle," he said smiling. "But I have a demand of my own. It is that you are willing to allow me the pleasure of your body whenever I wish. If not," he shrugged his shoulders for effect, "I'll keep them and will flaunt them before you. Do we have a deal?"

Gabrielle's long pause troubled him at first, but then Vlad realized that she was actually contenplating the idea of actually having to willing allow him the pleasure of her body whenever he wished it. "And when is this willingness expected to begin," she asked. "As soon as we are alone together to comsumate our vows," he said smiling a victorious smile at her. "Agreed," she said with a forced smile on her face. Knowing that she was proud and her promise was never broken, he used it to his advantange and asked curiously, "Is that a promise, Gabrielle?" Her eyes widen and her nostrils flared at this request. Again her teeth were clenched when she answered, "I promise".

It was only when King Stefan tapped Vlad's shoulder did either of them noticed that the music had stopped. They both blushed, for neither had heard it stop, nor did they know how long ago it had. He watched Gabrielle as she turned and walked back towards her parents as his father announced that everyone could dance now that the betrothed were finished. Several times that night, he took her away from her parents to dance. Each time, "accidently" feeling a part of her body that would be only his to touch soon. He wanted to see if she would be able to resist him once married. He noticed that her ability to deny him grew less as the night wore on. And when they parted late that night, he kissed her deeply in the shadows of the castle. He knew that their wedding night would be worth the week's wait when she hadn't argued over the kiss and had indeed passionately kiss him back.