View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 08:42 AM
Pixie's Hopeless Romantic

Send a message via AIM to Miltone
And just two weeks later, Kate and I are in our hotel in Chicago for a large industry trade show. I had always noticed that the show traffic was higher in the booths that had a pretty girl on staff and was looking forward to testing my theory. We had loaded up the van early in the morning and arrived by early afternoon. The drive was pleasant and seemed to go by so quickly. We were both dressed casually for a change, Levis and a sweatshirt for me, snug black pants and a sweater for her. It seemed like we never stopped talking the whole trip. She talked about life with her boyfriend, Rich. I talked about my life as divorced father of two. We talked of events in our past, our plans for the future. She reclined a little in the high back bucket seat and watched out the window a lot. I couldn't help but noticed the slight jiggle of her breasts as we rode on.

"You know, this may sound stupid, but I've never been out of the state," she said with a touch of excitement as we crossed the Illinois state line.

"You're kidding," I remarked. "You seem so ... oh, I don't know," I said struggling to find the words." You seem so worldly."

"Well, I'm really not," she replied turning back to face me with those large, clear blue eyes and full pouty mouth curled up in sweet smile. "I mean, I've been around the block a couple of times, but the blocks in my neighborhood just weren't very long, I guess."

All too quickly we arrived at the convention hall and unloaded everything. I was surprised as she stepped right in and helped set up the booth hardware. There was only one awkward moment when I brushed past her as she was assembling the booth backdrop. There wasn't much room and it was almost as if her beautiful round ass moved back to brush my lower belly as I slipped behind her. Although I wasn't erect at the touch, I was getting there by the time I stooped down to reach into the tool box and turned back to see her smile down at me. I swear that I could see her nipples get erect as well. Without a word we went on with our setup. When we were almost done, she sat on the table out by the aisle and I noticed that the guys in the booth across the way were all checking her out. The boldest came over for some chitchat. I could tell my theory was bearing out well.

By five o'clock we were pretty well set up and checked into our hotel. As I hustled back to my room to change I began to let my mind drift away and fantasize about what Kate might wear to the pool. I tried not to let myself think of her in a skimpy little bikini. No, if she were the professional career girl I thought she was it would be something more modest like the one piece suits the Olympic swimmers wear. I started to change and decided to rinse off in the shower first since I had worked up a sweat that afternoon. I pulled on a baggy t-shirt over my swimming trunks, slipped back into my topsiders, and headed up to her room.

"Tunk! Tunk! Ta-Tunk! Tunk!" went my knock at her door. I fidgeted as I waited. Would it be the bikini or the tank suit? Maybe one of those sexy new "tankini" suits. I tried to control myself but my mind was racing far ahead of me. I knocked again and waited. Leaning my head toward to door, I tried to listen for any sounds of life. I checked the room number again. Yep, room number 545.

Finally the door opened up and Kate silently let me in closing the door behind me. She was still wearing her sweater and the tight black pants. Her room felt humid as I stepped in and stood awkwardly at the entrance. The air was a strange mix of her perfume and another aroma. Salt? I wasn't sure. Her open suitcase lay on the slightly rumpled bed as if she had been interrupted in putting her clothes away. I could see her lacy underwear arranged in the open drawer. She had drifted into the room close to the bed and stood with her back to me when I noticed her shoulders shaking.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah," she said with an audible sob. "I'm all right."

I moved closer to her and saw her shoulders shake again and heard her begin to cry.

"What's the matter?" I asked stepping over to her and placing my hands on her shoulders.

Her tear-stained face turned to look at me as she swung around and looped her arms around me. She shook as she clung to me.

"It's that bastard Rich," she sobbed. "The son-of-a-bitch just broke up with me. I just don't need this now. I just don't."

"Oh, come on, it can't be that bad," I said in my most soothing voice. "How did this happen?"

She slowly began to get control of herself and her sobs subsided. She dabbed at her eyes with a sodden tissue that was crumpled in her hand then buried her face into my shoulder. I could feel her tears soaking through my t-shirt. I slipped my hands around to hug her and hold her close as if to absorb the hurt feelings that were flowing from her. I could feel her shoulders shake and her body quiver with emotion.

"I was starting to unpack and thought I'd call him and let him know where I was and all," she began as her composure slowly returned. "Fool that I am, I was even horny enough to have some phone sex with him. But when he answers, I could tell that bitch of a neighbor was over. The son-of-a-bitch!"

"What? Who?" I asked quizzically.

"Oh, just the bitch that lives in the apartment next door," she said as she began to pull away from my embrace. She turned and walked over to the window and looked out at the "wonderful" view of O'Hare airport. "I knew she and Rich have been carrying on for a while. It started when he dug her out of a snow pile last winter. He swore it was over, but then I hear her making noise while he was talking to me on the phone. I mean for God's sake she was blowing him while he's on the phone with me!"

"Oh, Christ!" I sneered. I grabbed a couple of tissues and stepped over to her, putting my arms around her again. I offered the tissues to her. "What is it with some guys? I mean, if I had someone like you, I sure as hell wouldn't be catting around. I'd feel so lucky that I don't think the thought would ever occur to me."

"Yeah, that's guys like you, Jack," she said, taking the tissues and mopping her eyes. "God, I just have the worst luck with men. The ones I'm attracted to just end up treating me like shit. I don't know why. I give them everything. Everything! There isn't anything that I haven't done for him or any of the others for that matter. I can be a real bad kitty, sucking them and fucking them, letting them fuck me up the ass, and swallowing their cum. And then they always do this to me. Every last one of them!"

"Maybe you're looking for men in the wrong places," I suggested, surprised by her explicit admission. I had looped my arms around her, just below her breasts. I pulled my arms up feeling the weight of her boobs settle on my forearms. "Or maybe looking for the wrong type of man. I mean, those Billy Badass types may look so fine and be fun for a while, but..."

I started to think about what I was saying and realized that here she was pouring out her broken heart to me and I'm slyly trying to feel her up. Kind of ashamed of myself, I began to pull away.

"Please don't let go of me," she asked, slipping her arms up to pull mine closer.

Her sobbing and sniffing slowly subsided. We stood together silently for what must have been five minutes. The warmth of her body was melting into me, the perfume sprinkled around her neck filled my senses. From knees to neck there wasn't a gap between us, her ass to my belly, her back to my chest. I reached out to pull the curtains open so that we could get a better look at the airport. As the sun dipped lower in the sky, the horizon began to darken into a beautiful blend of purple and red and pink. The lights on the airplanes were plainly visible now as they lifted off the ground into the air."

"You know, you're right," she admitted. "I need to start looking in different places. Like maybe some of the places those planes are going."

"Maybe you only need to look an arm's length away."

She tilted her head back, eyes closed. "Oh, Jack, you don't need to be so nice to me. But thank you anyway."

"So would you like to go for that swim or not?"

"You know," she began. "As nice as that sounded earlier, I think I need some dinner more."

"Well, I'm hardly dressed for dinner," I replied. "I'll have to go change."

"Why don't we order room service?" she asked innocently, turning slowly within the circle of my arms. "I mean, are we allowed to expense room service?"

"I don't think so," I chuckled. "You know how the Big Guy is. I'll go change."

"You know, I really don't feel like going out right now," she said looking up at me with her big blues eyes, a bit red and puffy from her tears, the high round cheekbones stained with her tears, and leaning into my soft embrace, her stomach and breasts burning into my body. "I must look like a witch!"

"Kate, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes upon!" I blurted out. I asked myself where that had come from and didn't have an answer. It was like my mouth was working independently from my brain, except that is was saying all the things I had wanted to tell her but had thought were inappropriate. "I have thought so from the very first day I met you. And seeing you here, in this state, all upset and crying, just tears at my soul. I find you so irresistible that you could ask me to go down to dinner naked and I would."

She leaned up against me looking up into my eyes, as if trying to see whether I was bullshitting her or telling the truth.

"So would you?" she asked, trying to keep a straight face.

"What?"

"Go down to dinner naked?"

"Let me think about that one."

"Shucks, just my luck," she sighed. "I'd really liked the idea about seeing you naked, I mean even if you are my boss."