Thread: The Client
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Married Couple

Part Two

It had been nearly two weeks since LaTesha had had the best fucking of her life. The young black man, whom still did not know the name of, would enter her dreams and repeat the events of that night over and over again. She felt as if she was becoming obsessed with this young black man. She had even began to daydream about him at work. It was during one of her daydreams that she was interrupted by a loud thud. Coming to her senses, she saw her boss standing in front of her desk smiling down at her. He had just dropped a case file onto it.

"Must of been some daydream, LaTesha," he said. "You've been in a trance, smiling, ever since I can into the room." LaTesha blushed as she looked away. "Well," he said, "it doesn't matter now. Here is a case for you... Young black male accussed of robbing an all night convience store a couple of weeks ago. It took place around one in the morning. When he came back to the store yesterday, the owner alerted the cop, who just happened to be there shopping, about what had happened and that the guy was back. The young man keeps saying that he was having sex with a woman all night long that night, but he doesn't know who she is. He swears that he can show the cops where she lives though."

Immediately LaTesha thought of the young black man she had brought home with her. If it was the same guy, she could prove that he was innocent, but at a imbarassing professional risk to herself. Picking the case file up, she opened it and stared at the mug shot of the accussed. Sure enough, it was the same man. His name was Marcus Leads and this was far from his first offense. She knew that she couldn't help him on any of his former charges but, she could prove him innocent of this robbery.

"Thanks," she said to her boss. As he turned to leave her office she asked him, "Can I talk with you privately for a minute?" "Sure," he said, closing her office door. "I can prove this guy is innocent without it even going to court," LaTesha said softly as she continued to stare at his picture. "And just how can you do that," her boss asked. Looking up at him, she said, "I'm the woman that he was having sex with. I know that he never left the apartment because we never went to sleep. We arrived at my apartment around eleven that night and he didn't leave until after daylight."

After the look of shock wore off of her boss's face, he asked, "Are you sure he didn't slip out while you were sleeping?" "No," she said, "We were up all night long. We never once went to sleep and never once did he leave my sight."

Her boss fell into the chair behind him. "Well," he finally sighed, "is there any way that you can prove this?" "Yes," LaTesha answered. "My apartment building has security cameras that are on 24/7. They record ALL entrances and hallways. Remember, we won a case a few years back when a scorn lover broke into one of the apartments and raped his former girlfriend. We were able to see the man clearly enough on the tape to put him away for twenty years. The tape showed him entering the apartment and then straighten his pants as he came out of it."

"Yeah," he softly said. LaTesha sighed before saying, "It will also show that this Marcus Leads entered my apartment with me, never left during the night, and him leaving the next morning. All this with full running time and no stop intervels." "You know what you need to do then," he said as he raised from the chair and left her office.

After finding out who his Public Defender was, LaTesha called to set up a meeting with the two of them. Next she got in touch with the landlord and told him what she needed from him. He was more than willing to help her out by making a copy of the video for the night in question.

The look of shock on Marcus's face when he and his lawyer entered LaTesha's office was priceless. Once the door was closed, Marcus lowly stated to his lawyer, "That's her! She's the woman I keep telling you that I had sex with all night that night." They both sighed with relief when she openly admited to it.

"Furher more," she continued, "I'm also trying to get a copy of the security tape that will prove that what he and I both have stated is true." LaTesha explained to them about how the cameras had helped in the rape case a few years ago and how she was sure that the video tapes would be able to help Marcus too. The Defense Attorney was certainly surprise to see that the Prosecuting Attorney was willing help to clear one of his clients for a change instead of trying to have them put to death.

Once the tape was in her hands, she went into see the judge that would be handling the case. Being an old friend of the families, she was admitted right away. LaTesha explained the case to him, showed him the mug shot of Marcus, and they viewed the video tape together. The judge said that it was clear as glass that the accused Marcus Leads was the man whom she had taken home that night. The case against Marcus was dismissed. Little did she know that Marcus would be coming to see her two nights later to "properly thank her" for clearing him of the robbery charge.