Thread: Marijuana Usage
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Let's be sure what we're talkin about here guys...... Marijuana or Cannabis! NOT the same thing at all at all!!

Marijuana is extremely rare here (UK); Cannabis, on the other hand, is available virtually anywhere. It's now "almost" legal too, inasmuch as small amounts "for personal use" will hardly merit a caution, never mind arrest!

There is a large movement to legalise it comletely..... but I'm here to tell you, guys & gals, it IS addictive (physically AND psychologically) as well as contributing to a significant percentage of people presenting to the Health Services with Psychotic illnesses. (Last stats available, from 2 years ago, suggested 12-15% of ALL psychotic disorders were linked with heavy Cannabis use.)

I'm not on a soapbox here..... I indulge in it myself now & again!!... all I'm saying is, it's NOT as safe as many people think!

Also have to agree with Lixy though; generally speaking there is less damage done by cannabis vs alcohol.... both physically & socially!! You pays your money, you takes your choice I guess!

DM
I only own my mind