View Single Post
Old 08-22-2002, 01:21 AM
Working Stiff

Jarrett had finally gotten away from most of the people. He jogged this particular trail because hardly anyone else did. He was listening to the CD he had made just before he left the house. At the time, Dave Matthews was singing "Crash" and Jarrett was oblivious to the rest of the world. The song ended, and he heard footsteps coming up on his left. He moved slightly to the right to give the other jogger room to get by, but noticed that the footfalls were starting to get slower untill they were almost in time with his. Whoever had came up behind him was now running along with him. At first he didn't even want to look over, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw two breasts bouncing in time to the footsteps and decided to chance it. His head had barely turned before he realized who it was. "Oh my GOD! It's her, what do I do?? What do I say???" He tried to pretend he didnt' notice, but he kept sneaking side glances in her direction. "I need to stop for a second anyway, she'll probably just keep going", he thought. So after about another hundred yards he began to slow and finally stop. He pretended to inspect his CD player for something wrong. He looked around and noticed that he was far away from almost everyone in the park. A small picnic shelter off to his right, and when he turned to his left, there she stood.