Thread: Angel of Death
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Married Couple

Part Two

Two years had past since Angel "the angel of death" Slaughter, had taken over the daunting task of guarding Kelly Hudson. In those two years, he had discovered that she was spoiled, tempermentaly, stubborn, and above all, the source of the only weakness he had ever had. She had become the one woman he wanted more than any other and could never forget. He couldn't count the sleepless nights he had spent tossing and turning because of her. Her beauty was more than any one woman should be allowed to have. Her long auburn hair and green eyes stayed with him constantly. Her dresses revealed a perfect womanly figure with a small waist and long legs. Her lips were pouty and damn how he wanted to taste them. It was all he could do to keep from doing to her the exact same thing that Lee wanted to do with her.

Like so many times before, Angel found himself leaning against the post of the mercantile, while Kelly shopped. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the blacksmith approaching and he leaned forward so that he would be even with smaller man. "Lee came into the shop last night," he said. "He plans to kidnap her at the town's celebration tonight. Says that she will just disappear and no one will be the wiser."

Angel never looked at the man, but leaned back against the post. He had to think. He had to think of the best way to protect her. "You know," the blacksmith said before leaving , "that a man has the right to protect his property. And a husband has even more rights to protect his wife." Angel looked at the small portly man as he walked away and grinned. He knew exactly what he was suggesting. Not only would he have the rights to protect Kelly, but he would also have the husbandly rights to her body. He would talk with Henery Hudson tonight.

That night instead of going to the town's celebration, Kelly stood in her parent's home and repeated her wedding vows to Angel. This had been the one thing she had been dreaming about since the day she had meet him. His black hair fell just short of his shoulders. His dark brown eyes seemed almost black, but she saw them twinkle as she spoke her vows to him. The expression on his face was hard to read. She felt her pulse race as his deep voice spoke his vows to her. Her cheeks flushed as she thought of what would take place in his room tonight. He must have read her mind, because she seen him do something that he only did for her, and never around others. Her "Angel of Death" smiled at her. It made her want him between her legs even more.

Kelly felt as nervous as could be as her mother, Lisa, helped her into a special camisole. It's white silk felt cool against her skin. The soft lace covered, and yet showed, much of her breasts. "I'm scared mother," she said. "I know," the older woman said as she gathered her daughter into her arms. "I was my wedding night too. But he will be gentle and slow with you. I just know he will." She stepped back from her mother. "I've seen the softness in his eyes when he looks at you. Anyone else and his eyes are piercing. I know he loves you." They both turned when they heard the light tap on the door. "It's me," she heard Angel say. She watched her mother leave the room and her husband enter.

Kelly stood next to the table in the center of the room. Behind her was the large bed that Angel had slept alone in for the past two years. She held her breathe as he slid the dead bolt into place. He turned to her, and she lowered her face. She knew what was coming, and she wanted it, but her insides felt like butterflies were swarming as he walked to her. She saw his boots come into her field of vision. She closed her eyes and felt his hand lift her chin. "Kelly," he said smiling. "Oh, my sweet Kelly. So many sleepless nights are about to come to an end. And so many pleasureable ones will begin with tonight." He leaned into her and kissed her softly for the very first time.

Lee Foster stood in the shadow of the buildings as he watched the couples dancing in the center of the street by lantern glow. He didn't see Kelly anywhere and his anger was mounting. Deciding to look around before heading out the Hudson ranch, he moved to a different building. No sooner had he got himself back into the shadows, did he hear a young couple's voices nearing. He pressed his back to the building and listened. "Did you hear," the woman said. "No darling, hear what," the man asked. "Kelly Hudson married that man that has been protecting her," the woman said. "You know, the one they called 'The Angel of Death'." Lee's back stiffened. The couple paused in front of his view. "No way," the man gasped. "Yes," the woman nodded. "Reverend Swain said that that was what took him so long to get here. He was preforming the ceremony. They got married just a few hours ago at her parents home." The man smiled at the woman. A chuckle rose from his throat as he said, "Well, I guess he can fully protect her body now, can't he?"

Lee watched the woman give a look of shock before the couple walked on. Pure anger surged through him. That was why she wasn't here. Kelly was having a wedding night alright, but it wasn't with him. He headed for his horse and rode like the devil himself was after him as he rode for the Hudson ranch. He knew just what he would do. He would make sure that he stopped "The Angel of Death" once and for all. And with any luck, he would get there before Angel took the one thing from Kelly that he wanted the privlege of having.