View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Highlander JM

Ip11

“We love you, Devon,” Lindsay said to the 25-year-old, speaking on not only her behalf, but also mine. “We don’t want you to leave us. We need you in our lives so much...”
Three hours had passed since Devon’s vocal explosion in the forest, in response to the comments Lindsay and I made about her. Moments earlier, Devon had eavesdropped on our conversation about her with the help of the voyeur room, and basically flipped her lid as a result.
It had taken a great deal of talking from both Lindsay and myself, but we were finally able to calm Devon down and have an in-depth conversation with her about everything in regards to our three-way relationship. However, there was still plenty more to discuss and get out in the open.
“How am I supposed to exist in a relationship where I am, for the lack of a better term, the third wheel?” I looked down as Devon said those words, knowing all of this was my fault. If only I had been more honest with her prior to this... “Can either of you please give me an answer?”
“You’re not the third wheel,” Lindsay told her. “It may seem that way, but you’re not. When I stayed with Pamela and Jeremy last year, I never felt like the third wheel. I felt like an equal.”
Devon shook her head and wryly countered, “That’s because Jeremy loved you more than he did Pamela. He didn’t tell you that until after she left him. But you always knew that Jeremy felt that way about you, Lindsay. There is nothing like that for me. Jeremy loves you more than he loves me. You love him more. I’m the third wheel; the ugly duckling.”
“I don’t know about that,” Lindsay said, reaching out and grasping Devon’s hand. “I like to look at you and Jeremy as equals. I love both of you the same. I honestly do.”
Seated upon the ground as Devon sat above me on the park bench, I gently grasped her knee and said, “Maybe me saying that I LOVE Lindsay more than I love you, Devon, is wrong. I THINK I love both of you just about the same. I really do. The difference is that with Lindsay, I go much further back with her. She was here before you were. I fell so far in love with her, and then you came along last winter. You’ve been playing catch-up ever since.”
I paused and added, “Considering what I feel for Lindsay, it would be difficult for anyone to ever overtake her. Not talking about love here, either. Lindsay and I have been through so much together. She’s a certain, unique type of special to me. I know it may be hard for you to understand, Devon. You may not even believe me. But it’s the truth.”
“How am I supposed to believe you?” she asked. “All I heard in the voyeur room was you telling Lindsay how much you loved her over me.”
Frowning, I shook my head in response. “I don’t know, Devon. I really don’t. Feelings... love, it’s all so very complicated. I was upset when I was talking to Lindsay. I was trying to get her to agree with me, but she wouldn’t. I kept stressing to her how much I love her. I never meant to take you down in the process, Devon. I love you, as well.”
“All along I thought I loved Lindsay more, but over the past few hours since our talk began, I’ve been re-evaluating. I think I love both you girls the same. The difference is that I have other feelings for Lindsay - beside love. Being totally honest, that’s what sways me to her side.”
“Lindsay and I have went through so much together over the past year,” I reiterated. “After I married Pamela, I soon realized - though I did not admit this to myself - that I loved Lindsay more. I should have married her instead. Then Pamela left me last winter, and Trish left Lindsay.
The two of us... that time was so hard to get through.”
“I was here then, too,” Devon offered in a whiny voice. “Didn’t I help you and Lindsay cope after Pamela and Trish left? I did whatever I could to help.”
“Of course you did,” I nodded, patting her on the knee. “You helped us out a great deal. But still... that’s an experience that Lindsay and I fought through together. We had a lot of help from you, Devon. A whole lot. But when Pamela and Trish left, me and Lindsay were the ones who got dumped. The whole experience; the healing process, it just made us grow closer together. Not just love, either.”
“We’ve been through so much. Maybe that is why I consider Lindsay so special to me, Devon. Through everything, she was always there for me. I’ll never forget that day, last year, when Lindsay told me that she wanted to stay on the island. This was before you stepped foot here, Devon. Lindsay said she loved me more than she did Trish. Never forget it...”
“That was maybe the biggest, greatest shock of my entire life. I always thought her and Trish were absolutely perfect together. Down deep, I wanted Lindsay to stay on the island. But I knew would lose her, because she had plans to move to Canada with Trish. I was going to miss her so much. Yet, Lindsay told me that day she loved more than she did Trish. She rather stay here, with ME. I was... so happy.”
“You’re special, too, Devon. But I have been up and down that road with Lindsay so many more times. There are plenty more examples, too. She’s been here a lot longer than you.”
Devon hung her head as I went on, “Does that mean that I think you would be an unfit wife for me? Certainly not. A bad wife? Not at all. You would be an excellent wife, Devon. You’re someone that I know who really, truly cares about me. I’ve wanted a woman such as you my entire life. Plus, you’re not going to hurt me like Victoria or Pamela so cruelly did. I know that, and I believe that.”
I paused before continuing, “But because of everything I have been through with Lindsay, if I had to choose between you and her, I would pick her. It would be by the slimmest of margins. Does that mean I don’t want you here, Devon? No. I need you. I need you more than you’ll ever know.”
“We don’t need to pick and choose now,” Lindsay whined, bringing Devon’s hand to her lips and kissing it. “Things would have been so much easier if one of us thought of your three-way marriage idea sooner, Devon. We wouldn’t have to be going through all of this right now. But hopefully, we can put everything behind us. Let’s all get married!”
“That was an excellent idea, Devon,” I told her. “You may not believe it, but I would love for all three of us to be married. It would really be the best thing. I think you would agree that all of us truly do belong together.”
“And, I never want you to think of yourself as the third wheel, Devon, or the ugly duckling of our relationship. A third wheel to me would be like if two people were married, and they had a submissive such as Stephanie around purely for their amusement. You wouldn’t be here for our amusement, Devon, or because it’s the right, or nice, thing for us to do. You would be here because we love you. We NEED you.”
“Why do you need me if you have each other?” Devon asked.
“I mean, I want to stay. But just answer me that question.”
“A good question,” I told her. “I would be happy just with Lindsay. I would be happy just with you. But it would be so much better if I had both of you in my life. I guess I’m greedy, Devon. The reason I cannot survive without the two of you is because all of us been together for so long. I’m used to it now. I love seeing you and Lindsay together. Seeing you in the bathtub with her earlier... things like that drive me absolutely insane.”
“For me, I need a woman around,” Lindsay told her. “I get everything I could possibly get from a man in Jeremy. But there are some things in life that he cannot give me; things which only another woman can. Not for convenience, but for love. We wouldn’t want you to stay on the island, Devon, if we didn’t love you enough.”
Lindsay paused and added, “Remember when Jeremy sent Torrie home last December? She got so mad, because she wanted to stay. But there was no reason for her to stay, because neither Jeremy or I loved her all that much. She went home when the others went home.”
“We did let you stay, though,” I said to Devon. “Do you remember that? I practically begged you to stay.” The 25-year-old nodded her head as I continued, “That’s because I loved you. Lindsay didn’t love you yet, but it didn’t take a long time for her to start. The only reason I wanted you to stay was because I loved you. Please believe that.”
Devon turned toward Lindsay, who was also seated on the park bench, and smiled. “I was pretty upset when watching you and Jeremy talk from the voyeur room,” she told her. “But you know what? The sacrifice you were willing to make was maybe the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.”
Lindsay smiled at her as Devon continued, “I was so mad, but I did realize through all that anger how sweet that was of you, Lindsay. You’d give up marrying Jeremy and the possibility of having children just so the three of us could stay together. I don’t know how many times you said you loved me, and didn’t want to see me get hurt. That was... the nicest thing anyone has ever said or done for me.”
“I meant every word,” Lindsay said, kissing Devon on the cheek. “I would have given everything up. I love you so much, Devon. I just want all of us to be together.”
“I’m very sorry because I did hurt you, Devon,” I told her. “I was just so confused. I never expected any of you girls to ever get pregnant. You don’t know what this day has been like for me. I was so happy because of what happened yesterday and last night with Lindsay. I woke up that way. Then you tell me that you’re pregnant. All I could do was think about how this affected my plans with Lindsay. It’s... I was so confused. Next, Lindsay is crying and screaming at me in the forest. Finally, you come along and say you heard everything from the voyeur room. You blow up like an atomic bomb. The day has been crazy.”
“I never seen you mad like before,” Lindsay remarked. “I don’t even think you’ve really ever raised your voice. Well, maybe two days ago in the foyer. Just barely, though.”
“I always try my best not to get mad,” Devon told her.
“But I kind of lost it earlier. I’m sorry.”
“We certainly understand why you lost control,” I said.
“I really only have one problem with all of this,” Devon
mused, looking at me. “You and Lindsay convinced me that I am welcome and needed on this island, and in your lives. I have always been a good and understanding person. Emotions have been running high today. Things were said and taken out of context. I understand that, and I can accept it. I just have one problem, though.”
“What?” I asked, as she glared intently at me.
Devon shook her head and replied, “You haven’t said one
positive word about becoming a Daddy, Jeremy.” My eyes went wide at those words as she continued, “I first told you this morning, and you immediately started freaking out.” A tear went down her face as she asked, “Do you want to be a Daddy?”
Oh God...
I had known about my impending fatherhood for several hours, but the actual realization of it did not hit me until Devon just said those words. I was so preoccupied with what to do about Lindsay and Devon that the full ramifications of someday soon becoming a father hadn’t registered in my mind until just now. Did I want to be a Daddy, as Devon put it?
Of course I did!
Ever since I was a teen-ager, I have long yearned for the chance to one day become a father. I absolutely love kids. My sister, who is almost 13 years older than I am, has three children. I never got to spend a whole lot of time with her kids, but I always cherished the opportunity whenever it arose. I always wished that one day, I could have children as beautiful and as wonderful as the three my sister has.
After Victoria left me (and broke my heart), I always felt extremely envious when I saw a husband-and-wife couple together, with their small child(ren) in tow - especially the ones who were in close proximity to my age. There was always an abundance of them at the shopping center...
I would look at the man and automatically be jealous of him. He’s so lucky. That boy is so cute. That girl is so pretty. Why does he get to be a father, while I’m not?
That boy looks so happy with his new matchbox car. That girl just hugged her father and said she loved him. How lucky is that guy? Why can’t that be me?
These and similar thoughts would always pass throughout my mind whenever I saw children and their parents together. It was an extreme bit of jealousy on my part.
I always knew that I would, if given the opportunity, be an excellent father. My children would grow up to be healthy and strong. Along the way, they would be given the utmost amount of love and guidance. They would receive the best medical care whenever necessary. They would know the difference between right and wrong.
Most of all, however, my children would know that their father loved them - with all of his heart.
“Do you want to be a Daddy or not?” Devon asked me once more, as I had been lost in my thoughts for several seconds.
“Of course I do...” I replied, my voice (as well as my body) suddenly very weak. Gulping my throat, I rose up to my knees and stared into Devon’s eyes. I couldn’t fight back the tear which trickled down my face.
My next move was to reach out and gently place my hand upon Devon’s stomach. It was so flat and firm; one could not tell that she was pregnant just by looking at it.
But I knew that within Devon, a new life was growing. A life which I helped create. I felt all tingly, and happy...
“How did you find out?” was my gentle question.
Devon smiled and replied, “I took a home pregnancy test
this morning. I’ve been a bit queasy the past couple of mornings. Got sick three times. I thought I had a virus or something, you know? The only reason I took the test was because I felt fine each time after getting sick. Even so, I still thought it would come up negative. I didn’t think I’d get pregnant. Not while on the pill, at least.”
“Those pills are not completely fool-proof,” Lindsay murmured, placing her hand upon mine and smiling as I continued to touch Devon’s stomach. “I always know that there is a possibility that I could get pregnant, too. Jeremy absolutely refuses to wear a condom.”
“I guess there was a chance one of us could have gotten pregnant during a birthday gang-bang, too,” Devon observed. “Now that would have been a really big mess. Fortunately, the last birthday gang-bang was all the way back in December. I haven’t been with another man, besides Jeremy, since we were on vacation in Scotland - in February. We didn’t have a gang-bang for my birthday in March.”
“When do you think it happened?” Lindsay asked. “I mean, the conception?”
“I don’t know for sure,” Devon replied. “I’m not even showing yet so it couldn’t have been that long ago. I’m thinking maybe two, three weeks. I was hoping that Jeremy would take me to the doctor on the mainland tomorrow. I want to get a real check-up, and some advice. I’ve never been pregnant before, you know.”
I heard what Lindsay and Devon were saying, but none of it really registered in my mind. There was only one thing that I could think about as I caressed Devon’s stomach.
I’M GOING TO BE A FATHER! YESSSSS!
“Will you take me to the doctor tomorrow, Jeremy?” was her question, though it did not break me away from my joyous trance. Only when Devon gave me a little slap on the forehead did I come back to reality. “Hey! Earth to Jeremy. Earth to Jeremy! Will you take me to the doctor tomorrow?”
“Of course I will,” I replied with a smile. “We’ll go by boat or helicopter. The choice is up to you, dear.”
“Can I go, too?” Lindsay asked. “Not to see the doctor, but just to visit the mainland? I’d love to go to a few stores, and do some shopping.”
“I bet everyone would like to go to the mainland,” Devon speculated. “Let’s all go by boat. I can go to the doctor, and then we’ll all go out and do some shopping. Maybe eat at that Chinese restaurant we like so much, as well.”
“Let’s invite Jessica along, too,” Lindsay said. “I bet she would like a break from her daily housekeeping routine.”
“Sounds good to me,” were my words.
Devon took a deep breath and commented, “I just want to
say a couple of things in regards to earlier. First off, I do understand that both of you - Lindsay and Jeremy - love me, and want me here. You say I won’t be a third wheel, and I want to believe that. But it’s going to take a long time before I really start to believe it. That’s not saying anything bad about either of you. I think, considering what I heard earlier... it would be human nature to have doubts.”
“Then we’ll just have to prove to you that you’re NOT a third wheel,” Lindsay chirped, patting Devon on the knee. “We shall erase any doubts that you have. We’ll give you all the love and caring you could ever ask for. I’ll treat you and Jeremy exactly the same.”
“My second thing,” Devon mused, “is that if we’re going to have a three-way marriage, we should all sleep in the same bed at night. Now we did this for the past six months, until the other girls arrived.” Devon turned toward me and said, “Lindsay and I went to a guest room, while you got to stay in our suite, Jeremy. You’ve taken a different girl to bed every night since. Some nights, two girls. I think we should put an end to that. We should all sleep together.”
“I have no problem with that,” I told her. “I rather be with you and Lindsay at night more than anyone else here.”
“The others won’t like that,” Lindsay offered. “They all love going to bed with Jeremy when it is their turn.”
“They can have their turn in the daytime, then,” Devon told her. “What they really want is one-on-one sex from a man. Jeremy is the only man here. It’s not about actually falling asleep with him. They just want one-on-one sex. Jeremy can set aside time each day to fulfill someone’s needs... whenever it is their turn.”
“I love you and Jeremy more than anything,” Lindsay said to Devon. “But there will be times when I will want to go to sleep with someone else - especially Amy. There is nothing like a great bout of sex, then curling up and falling asleep in her arms. Amy treats me so nasty, yet she is so nice and tender in the aftermath.”
Ahh yes... of course. Lindsay was my little angel-slut. She had to sleep with others because it made her feel good, despite the fact what Devon was proposing would ultimately bring all of us closer together. I understood Lindsay...
“That’s fine,” Devon told her. “To tell you the truth, I may have nights where I want that, too. But the way it is set up now, I spend one night a week with Jeremy. That is terribly wrong if I’m going to eventually marry him.”
“I see your point,” Lindsay chirped. “Maybe all three of us should spend five or six nights together each week.”
Devon took a deep breath and said, “My last thing is that from this point forward, I want all three of us to be totally open and honest with each other. NO SECRETS! If one of us has a problem with someone, step forward and talk about it. Even if it may hurt whoever. If we all love each other - which we do - we’ll all work through the problem. I don’t think that is too much to ask for.”
“I haven’t kept any secrets,” Lindsay told her. “I just found out that you wanted to marry Jeremy today. He told me about it. I’m open and honest about everything.”
“No more secrets,” I told Devon, nodding my head.
“I want my wedding with Jeremy to be first,” Lindsay said to Devon. “Not for any other reason except the fact that I want it to take place in Ohio, so all of my family can be there. Is that okay with you, Devon?”
“That’s fine,” she answered. “As both of you know, I don’t get along all that well with my family. I wouldn’t need that myself and besides, Jeremy couldn’t marry two different women on American soil. It’s illegal. He can marry you in Ohio. We’ll fly back here and I’ll marry him, and then I’ll marry you, Lindsay.” She smiled and concluded, “Then we’ll all go on our honeymoon. How does that sound?”
“You ladies are talking and making wedding plans,” I said to them, STILL holding Devon’s stomach. “I haven’t proposed to either one of you yet. Nothing is official.”
“Well... you’re on your knees in front of Devon,” Lindsay smirked. “I think now would be a good time to propose!”
I grinned at her words and replied, “Not yet. I need to get you girls some hundred-thousand-dollar engagement rings before I propose to either of you.”
“You better not spend that much money on us!” Devon said, a hint of playfulness in her voice. “We’re not expecting you to break the bank for us, Jeremy.”
“Break the bank?” I chuckled. “I paid nearly a million dollars for Pamela’s wedding ring, and that didn’t even put a dent in my account. Neither will this. I’ll buy both of you expensive engagement rings. Then I’ll buy you even MORE expensive wedding rings.”
“Pamela probably pawned her ring by now,” Lindsay said, which made me frown. What a depressing, awful thought... but most likely, one which was true.
“Let’s go back down to the mansion,” Devon suggested. “We can find all the other girls and ask them about going to the mainland tomorrow. I’m sure they’d all love to go.”
“Everyone can go on a shopping spree at my expense,” I smiled. “Say that, and no one will want to stay here.”
“I bet that gift shoppe at the airport has some new teddy bears,” Lindsay commented. “You know how I love collecting teddy bears. There’s a whole room-full in the mansion.”
“C’mon, let’s go,” Devon said, standing up. She giggled and added, “You can keep touching my stomach until we get to the mansion, Jeremy. How does that sound?”
“Fine with me,” I replied while getting up, my palm never once leaving her abdomen.
“It’s like he’s been hypnotized!” Lindsay snickered. “I” think Jeremy will make an excellent father for both of our children, however many you and I eventually have together.”

“What will be like once your child, or children, start to mature and become aware of their surroundings?” Amy asked me, as the entire group was gathered at the dinner table that particular evening. “Surely, you cannot raise children on this island, simply because it is such a haven for fucking.”
I smiled at Amy’s bluntness before answering, “Well, it won’t be a haven for... sex, by that time, dear. It will have a positive family atmosphere. We’re going to bring our children up the right away.”
“What about us, though?” Amy asked in a little voice, offering a pout. “’Steph, Christina, Lisa, me... where would we take our vacations to? Where else could someone go on vacation and get fucked as much as we do here? Before long, Jessica will want to be coming back here, too.”
“All of us can still remain friends if you want,” I told her. “We could visit each other from time-to-time. But this summer could very well turn out to be our last time together on the island like this.”
“What about the upcoming winter?” Amy pouted, as she (like the rest of us) was in the process of enjoying Jessica’s scrumptious seafood dinner. “Can’t we come back then, for one final time? You won’t have your baby yet...”
“Devon is going to be much further into her pregnancy this coming winter,” I told Amy. “I’m going to be focusing a lot of energy and time on her, and making sure we do everything right up until the time our child is born. I think having everyone around again during the winter would maybe excite Devon too much. She’ll need to take it easy.”
“That’s perfectly understandable,” Christina offered. “I will miss coming here for sure, but will also be very happy because I’ll know all of you - Jeremy, Devon, Lindsay - are happy and content with each other. And building a family!”
“What to do about your children, however many of them you three have together, when they are old enough to attend school?” Lisa wondered. “Will you send them to school in Peru? Or will you a hire a tutor who lives on the island? The problem with that, it seems, is that your children would be way too sheltered. They would need a school setting, I think, to develop their social skills.”
“I don’t know about any of that yet, Lisa,” I told her. “I just found I was going to be a father less than 12 hours ago. We’ll all make those decisions at the right time. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that no matter how many kids we have, they’ll all be brought up right. I promise you that.”
“Maybe you could send Lindsay to me for a couple of weeks this winter,” Amy mused, which made me smile and shake my head. “You know... maybe I could BORROW her for awhile.”
“You’d try to get her into porn,” Devon smirked. “Jeremy wouldn’t go for that. Neither would I.”
“I wouldn’t try to get her into porn if she didn’t want to get into porn,” Amy countered. “I may leave Lindsay tied up for a long time, though, and constantly tell her what a perverted, little slut she is.”
Lindsay fidgeted around in her seat in response to those words before saying, “You’re just so nasty, Amy...”
“I know I am,” the pornstar beamed. “And that’s the big reason why you love me so much.”
Lindsay nodded her head and replied, “Yeah. True.”
“I’ll never get pregnant,” Amy offered. “I got my tubes
tied two years ago when I still lived back home. I had so many boyfriends, and I took part in so many gang-bangs. I didn’t want to get pregnant.” Amy then patted Stephanie - who sat beside her upon the floor with her collar and leash applied - on the head, and smiled. “Slutanie here... I’m thinking of getting her FIXED, too.”
My eyes immediately went narrow once Amy said that, and much to my surprise, so did Stephanie’s. For the first time that I could recall, Amy had said something that Stephanie did not like, or took offense to. That was readily apparent by just watching the brunette’s reaction. In fact, none of the ladies seemed to appreciate that remark from Amy.
Was Stephanie truly happy in her role as a submissive? That had been a burning question on my mind for nearly two weeks now. Still, I had not gotten a definitive answer. Whenever I had an opportunity to get Stephanie alone so I could approach the subject with her, I would. It was very important to me that all of my ladies were totally happy.
“I’d like to visit you in the winter-time,” Lindsay said to Amy, breaking the sudden silence. “But I’m not getting into porn, no matter how hard you try to convince me to. I may be a slut, but the only cameras I’ll ever have sex in front of are Jeremy’s. You need to understand that.”
“You could be such a big star, though!” Amy whined. “You could make millions of dollars!”
“I don’t need any money,” Lindsay told her. “I have Jeremy. He’ll always take care of me. Jeremy doesn’t want me in porn. I respect his wishes, and will honor them. Devon doesn’t want me in porn, either. Same way for her.”
“Bunch of spoil sports!” Amy squealed, looking at first Devon, then me. Fortunately, there was a hint of playful sarcasm in Amy’s voice. At least she wasn’t angry with us.
Amy then turned toward Jessica, who was also enjoying a nice meal at the dinner table with us. “Have you ever thought about getting into porn, honey?” Jessica’s eyes nearly exploded as Amy added, “Lots and lots of money...”
“Uhhhhh... NO, thank you,” Jessica told her, obviously offended. Amy shouldn’t have said that to her.
“Why do you feel the need to try and recruit everyone into trying porn with you, Amy?” Lisa openly wondered. “You did the same when me and Christina were visiting you in California. Are you a talent agent, too? Next thing, you’ll be trying to persuade Jeremy to get into porn with you...”
“Now there’s an idea!” Amy exclaimed, a big, leering smile upon her face as she looked squarely at me.
I dropped my fork and knife in response, then shook my head at her. “Don’t even give it a second thought, Amy.”

“I’ve been thinking,” Devon said later that evening, her head resting on my lap as I sat up in bed, my legs extended. “I much rather be an equal to both you and Lindsay, but maybe I could get along okay as the third wheel. Don’t get me wrong; I still want to get married. But I love you and Lindsay so much that just being with you - and knowing I’m accepted in your lives... maybe that would be good enough.”
“You’re not a third wheel, Devon,” I told her, gently sliding my fingers throughout her silky-smooth hair.
“Get that thought of your head!” Lindsay remarked in a perky tone, as she changed into an oversized night-shirt just in front of us. “We love you very, very much!”
“I know,” Devon replied with a grin. “I’m just saying that if I was a third wheel, I’d still want to stay and be with both of you. These six months have really been the greatest six months of my life. I owe it to both of you.”
Lindsay climbed into bed on her hands and knees, then crawled over to Devon and gave her a kiss on the lips. I smiled at their brief exchange of tongues as the teen-ager remarked, “You don’t OWE us anything, Devon. You’re here because we love you, and you love us. Love is not about what you owe or receive... it’s about what you give.”
Lindsay flipped over suddenly and landed on her back, her face close to Devon’s. Both ladies smiled adoringly at each other before sharing a second, more intimate kiss.
“In the long run, I think what happened today is just going to bring all of us closer together,” Lindsay mused. “The screaming, the yelling, the crying... the resolution.
It already has. We’re all getting married to each other!”
“I’m really sorry for everything bad that happened,” Devon said, looking at me. “You say it’s your fault, Jeremy, but I think a lot of it was my fault, too. I’ve always known that you and Lindsay loved each other, but I guess I never really understood just how much ‘til today. I never once thought you wanted to marry her...”
“You always automatically assumed that if I were to get married again, it would be to you, Devon,” I told her. “I should have been more open and honest with you about my feelings for Lindsay. But... I didn’t want to hurt you.”
“Let’s just forget about everything bad, and put it all in the past,” Lindsay suggested. “Let’s move forward from this point on.” The little teen rolled onto her side, then wrapped both arms around Devon and embraced her tightly.
“Jeremy is right about you,” Devon said to Lindsay, ending their embrace, while offering her a smile. “You’re just the sweetest, most precious, little thing.”
Lindsay giggled and countered, “That’s because I dress up like a cheerleader for him, and let him do all nasty things to my body. That’s why he says that.”
“You know that isn’t true,” I told Lindsay, trying to hold back a smile. “You’re the sweetest thing in the whole, wide world not because of one thing; rather, because of ALL of you. Every single inch of you, inside and outside.”
“I know that you think that, Jeremy,” Lindsay snickered, offering my shoulder a playful shove in the process. “Just kidding around with you!”
Devon raised her head from my lap and looked up at me. “I have cheerleader outfits too, you know.” I smiled at her as she continued, “I may not be as young as Lindsay, but I think I look pretty good in them.”
“You look good in ANYTHING,” I told the 25-year-old.
Devon laughed and countered, “Say that to me in eight
months - when I’m 20 or 30 pounds heavier than I am now.”
“You’ll still be beautiful,” I said, kissing two of my own fingertips and then pressing them to her mouth. Devon smiled in response and began gently nibbling on my fingers. I grinned as well, then Lindsay hugged Devon from behind.
“Let’s get some sleep,” the little minx suggested. “It’s been a very long and tiring day for all of us.”
“You’re probably still tired out from yesterday!” Devon squealed, grinning at Lindsay. “If I got gang-banged as hard as you did yesterday, I’d be in traction for a week!”
“I could NEVER get tired from having sex,” Lindsay told her, a naughty gleam in her eyes.

The following day (Saturday), all of the ladies were excited to not only take a trip to the mainland, but also to have the opportunity to spend some of my money during a shopping spree. I enjoyed making them happy like this.
After escorting the girls to Lima via the big boat, we docked at the harbor and set out on what would hopefully be a wonderful day for all. Why wouldn’t it be?
I did wind up spending a great deal of money on all of the ladies, but of course, it was worth it. We went to the main square in Lima - Plaza De Armas - and I basically let the girls run loose. They bought everything from clothing and accessories, to jewelry, pottery and ceramic artifacts. Lisa even bought an old oil painting. An Art History major in college, Lisa had good reason to buy the painting.
And yes - all of us even went to the airport so Lindsay could browse the selection of teddy bears in her favorite gift shoppe. She added to an overflowing collection with the purchase of three more furry, stuffed animals.
We also slipped in a visit to Museo de la Nacion - perhaps the most impressive and well-stocked museum center in all of Peru. Lindsay, Devon and I have visited there a couple of times in the past, but this was the first trip for everyone else. Needless to say, the other girls were impressed, too.
We did have plans to visit one of the more upscale Chinese restaurants in Lima for dinner. However, neither Jessica or Lisa had much of a taste for Chinese food. That changed our plans, of course. Everyone was, however, able to agree on a nice seafood restaurant for our night-time dining spot.

What sounded like a good day on the mainland was actually a pretty bad one. The main intent in going to Lima (which, despite its attractions, I did not like) was so Devon could visit the doctor and get a diagnosis on her pregnancy.
Devon seemed so energized at the thought of becoming a mother as she went in to see the doctor. When she returned, however, Devon was the exact opposite - sad, and depressed.
The doctor ran some tests and came to the conclusion that Devon was NOT pregnant. Being a potential father, it was a powerful blow to me as well. The doctor said that home pregnancy tests were not always 100% accurate. He even ran his own tests on Devon a second time - per her request - but they came out the same. She wasn’t pregnant.
The doctor’s office was the first place all of us went to on this cloudy Saturday afternoon. I suggested that we take Devon home to the island immediately afterward, because she was not in the best of spirits (obviously). I felt a similar way, too. However, Devon said that she did not want to ruin everyone’s day of sight-seeing and shopping. She would try to forget her inner pain and let everyone else enjoy Lima.
I would have liked to go back to the island and lay down as well, but agreed that we should spend the remainder of the day in the city - as originally planned. Despite the island’s appeal, this temporary change of scenery was good.
But despite everything we did that day, there was a sense of disappointment and heartache. At various times, I also got the feeling that Devon could break down and start to cry. She was devastated. Yesterday, Devon was sky-high at the thought of becoming a mother. Today, she was at rock-bottom.
Devon wasn’t alone there, either.

<<<- End of Part 11 ->>>