View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 02:27 AM
empathic sensual wannabe

Thanks for the comments, Its good to see some people see past a "mask".
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldfart
I have a lady friend (not G/F) who has long nails and still
does the washing and ironing and gardening. Hers are
stick-ons but she treats them like real.

Makeup is in a lot of ways like the "personas" some of us
have taken on here. Not everyone is quite the riveting
sex god or goddess we would love to be.

Makeup allows some less than classically stunning ladies
to blur out some of their perceived flaws. If it works for
them, then why not? It's not our thing, but why the
hang-up?

How much quicker could she do her gardening without them (nails)? Still though if you think about it probably one of the reasons she still does gardening is because they are press-ons. "*SNAP* DAMN! Get the Glue!"

It comes down to this. Why does she think the makeup makes her look better? Society. Vogue. Cover Girl. Woman. Ect....

Its one of those catch 22's. Where does one stop? The manufaturer's make more because they forsee an audience. Then they market the wares with "makes you more beautiful".

Beautiful than what?

Makeups these days are trying to "encompass" skin vitalizers and such. But the fact remains that many including some blushes still cover the pores, and can cause "damage" to the skin.

The only social item I can see makeup used for is to give a much sharper deffinition between the sexes. Looking at a woman/man(shaven) face at a glance will not allow you to recognize the gender imediately. With makeup though its very distinguishable.

It still comes down to the point that a woman with makeup on is less likely to do strenuos work that will make her makeup "run". Hence why I consider them Primadonnas.

Maybe this all boils down to my father was a dermatologist, so I learned much about the skin growing up. (Also having a woman scratch me during sex would not be my idea of fun. I realize for some of you this would be great. Me, sorry but it would be distracting.):redghost: