Thread: Summer school
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 06:43 AM

Summer school

It was a few years ago, and I was going to summer school so I could graduate in December. This particular class had about 15 students in it which was probably normal for a summer session. The classroom was of the theatre type, and I made sure I sat in the rear by the door in case I was late or wanted to leave early. I got there early on the first night to assume my seat and scoped out everyone as they arrived. Right after the class began I noticed this black girl come in late and sit in the back row to my right about 5 or so seats. We made eye contact as she was trying to get comfortable in her seat. She was absolutely stunning. I made sure I smiled at her when she saw me. Class adjourned early and she went up to talk to the instructor after class, so I left.

The next class, I took my same seat, and when she came in, I noticed she sat a seat or two closer. This went on for a couple nights until there was just one seat in between us. I had always fantasized about being with a woman of color like her. We finally started making small talk and I found out her name was Shawna. After the ice broke, it literally melted. She asked me if I had ever dated a black girl. I was caught off guard by this and said "no". I asked her in return if she had ever been with a white guy. She said that most of the guys she dated were white. I kinda got the impression that this was kind of an invitation to...whatever.

Since it was a summer session, it was only 5 weeks, and we only had two more nights left, so I figured if anything was going to happen, I better get on the stick. It was Wednesday, and we had a test. I found out Monday that my grade was such that I didn't have to take the final on Wednesday. So at break, I asked Shawna if she wanted to go out for a drink after class. She said sure, but it would have to be quick because she needed to get some sleep and prepare for the final. We went to a local pub and sat across from each other. God was she gorgeous.

She had to get going and said, "know you don't have to come here Wednesday for the final, but if you come up, we could do something". I really didn't have much to think about. So I said that I'd meet her at 7:00 at this place for a drink to celebrate.

To be continued...