View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Suprise Me

I have had mixed feelings about this from the beginning.

While I support our troops and the decision to go to war, I couldn't help but feel that perhaps the boundries have been overstepped. Yes, we are a nation that is very powerful and it is our "duty" to insure that the world's people are treated right, however, at what expense did this occur?

The lose of life, the misconception that the USA is a big bully, the troubles here at home... the financial state of the American people with unemployment, high cost of living, terror in our own schools & communities, the list goes on....

I am glad that Saddam's sons were killed.. and a big part of me wish that it hadn't been so quick - that they could have suffered as they made others suffer - and as a person that makes me sad. The only reason that I am glad about it is because perhaps there may be an end to this in sight? I am not so sure.. I believe that it will continue as the USA has shown the world that we will continue as we are.... call for help, we will find SOME reason to run to that country with aid....... because there will be other Saddam's.....

But my underlying feelings are this.... what about here at home? What about the people of the USA? Perhaps I am a little selfish with that remark, I don't know, but I can't help but feel that way....