View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 05:37 PM
A Little of Both

Seraphina felt the calming nudge wash over her body. Her anger flared, but her body visibly relaxed. She felt him scan her mind, gently pushing, trying to read her thoughts. Again, as she looked at him, she felt the nagging bit of memory trying to surface. Realizing he had caught her thoughts her rage built anew. How dare he intrude on her innermost thoughts? She tensed her body and rose to attack again.

As she flung her body at the creature she felt a violent force push her back onto the bed.

"Enough!" he roared, Seraphina's eyes opened wide in fright. Seeing her fear, he reigned in his anger. Voice once again velvet to her ears, he calmly continued.

"I do not wish to harm you Seraphina. Do not force my hand." He met her gaze with an amused raised brow. "I have healed you of your wounds from our previous....conversation. I would hate to mar that flawwless skin again."

He gathered hope from her carefully hidden twitching lip. He had almost made her smile.

Realization that this strange creature had actually seen her naked dawned on her. Hiding her blush with a scowl, she looked into his eyes.

"If you do not intend to kill me, what is it you want of me?" she demanded.

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles