Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 05-29-2005, 06:35 PM
...that's Mrs. She-Devil

Send a message via Yahoo to Callie691
i know this isn't on the same lines as the rest of the forum. but look what i found.
Kolpophobia - Genitals, particularly female
Eurotophobia - Fear of female genitalia

Funny how i cant seem to find a phobia of male genitalia. but, then again, i've only been through 4 sites looking for it. (sarcasm)

oh and i would really not want these phobias...
Coitophobia: Fear of sexual intercourse.
Genophobia: Fear of sex.
Hedonophobia: Fear of pleasure.

Not to mention this bummer
Phobophobia: Fear of phobias <--imagine you have this and finding out YOU HAVE THIS!-- can you imagine the anxiety attack ?

oh and my fear is stage fright...
Topophobia: Fear of certain places. Fear of performing ("Stage Fright")
And one i cant find a name for , major fear (while swimming) of bodies of water that i cant see the bottom in.

any help finding this one ?

Callie

P.S. hope you all find this interesting.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:54 PM
gurly gurl

I hate bugs & I hate having my feet pulled.

I use to hate bridges and being stuck in traffic but have gotten over those.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Boobalicious Member

Long Bridges. I use to have to go with my sister from memphis to west memphis across the M bridge which is like a mile long and I would hold my breath and close my eyes and lock down until we were safely across every time. Lake Ponchatrain (sp?) too. That is a LONG bridge. I feel like I'm going to throw up whenever i go across a churning body of water. There is this spillway at the lake in my town that has this bridge over it and its no more than 30 feet across but everyone who I ever tell about my fear of this thing tries to drag me across it. NO FUCKING THANK YOU!

FROGS! OH MY GOD! When I was a little girl about 3 or 4 I was going outside one night to get something for my mom out of her car and my shoes were outside because they were wet and when I slipped my foot inside there was a red tree frog inside one of them and it squished ALL over my foot and I can't get within 10 feet of one now. It was AWFUL when I lived in my previous home because every spring/summer night I couldn't go outside because every outside door would have a frog on it. Just sitting here typing this I can feel them crawling on me.

anything creepy crawly, spiders, bugs, lizzards, snakes.

Ever since I can remember. I couldn't have been more than 5 I've had this insane fear of the end of the world. I remember being that young and having panic attacks laying in bed at night thinking about the planet imploding and recently it has manifested into nuclear explosions. One of those things where some country bombs some city in the US and they fire back and bomb somewhere else and then someone bombs them and we all get to shooting until the whole world is like a million zillion degrees and everything just fries. What do you call THAT?

Then there is the fear of flying brought on by 9/11 and the one where I am afraid that my little girl is going to choke or get strangled or just stop breathing and I not find her until it is too late....I'm just a paranoid freak.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:13 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Galatea I too was seriously afraid of the end of the worls as a small child. It was almost irrational. The thing is I believe, after having raised my own, and loved and cared for a couple hundred others, that it is actually a developmental milestone.

In a post nuclear threat world (or at least from the view of a 5-7 year old) I have seen kids select things as wild as the sun burning out or exlploding in order to provide the socialized fear of the world ending due to something out of their control. I believe it is an extrememly important point of development where a child begins to realize that the world is something not within their immediate control unlike their parents and friends.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Insatiable

Falling off a roof or a tall ladder....it has never happened to me but I am always paralyzed with fear whenever I have to climb up a tall extension ladder or walk on a sloped roof.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Awesome on my Own

narrow wooden bridges, or just narrow bridges in general
Old 06-01-2005, 12:52 AM
...that's Mrs. She-Devil

Could someone please tell me what the "*bump*" thing means.

thanks in advance
Callie
Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie691
Could someone please tell me what the "*bump*" thing means.

thanks in advance
Callie

It means that this thread originated a long time ago but someone wanted to post to it or offer it up to be posted to again. So they *bump* it by posting too it, to make it resurface on the front page of the forum.

Generally forum ettiquette usually dick tates that people don't go insane bumping to the point of eliminating current threads, and that they don't bump all their own threads constantly, etc. I have seen some forums that have very specific bumping guidelines. It's never been a big deal here.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Awesome on my Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
anything creepy crawly, spiders, bugs, lizzards, snakes.

lizards with a double z-- i hope that i don't creep you out. i crawl but only when i am either that drunk or trying to be seductive, *L*
Old 06-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Boobalicious Member

Sorry lizz din't mean you. No, I wouldn't run from you.... I might run at you....with a can of whipped cream and a bottle of chocolate syrup.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:19 PM
...that's Mrs. She-Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
It means that this thread originated a long time ago but someone wanted to post to it or offer it up to be posted to again. So they *bump* it by posting too it, to make it resurface on the front page of the forum.

Generally forum ettiquette usually dick tates that people don't go insane bumping ...

Thanks for the info Lilith. i thought it was something like that, but i wasnt sure. for all this newbie knew it could have meant something totally different. considering i have seen several threads get bumped, and then there will be four or so more bumps within a few posts. just trying to clarify my theory. thanks again.

Callie
Old 06-02-2005, 04:27 AM
Mod with Bite

Send a message via MSN to Fangtasia
Spiders & Crickets ~ creepy fuckers!!
Old 06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Mama Mia!

As a lot of you already know, BUGS. Of any kind. Not just crickets and spiders, though those are my two biggest "ickies". I would rather deal with rabid animals, insane jealous wives, or door to door salesmen ANYTIME

If there's a bug, I'm running from it.

It's a BOY!!