Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2002, 05:52 PM
Pixies Den Mother

Send a message via ICQ to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via MSN to Sugarsprinkles Send a message via Yahoo to Sugarsprinkles
Memorial Day

I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on the true meaning and reason for the Memorial Day holiday. Although it's a great excuse to get together with friends and family to have a nice cookout and celebrate the unofficial beginning of summer, I think we ought to reflect on how and why we have the freedom and opportunity for such activities. If it were not for all the brave men and women who risked and gave their lives in answer to their country's call we might not be having picnics and such.
I for one would like to extend a very sincere and heartfelt "THANK YOU" to all the men and women who have fought for the cause of freedom, regardless if they served in the U.S. military, or Canada, Australia or wherever., and regardless if they fought in wartime or in peace. My husband is Vietnam Veteran and I'm sure we have at least a few veterans here at Pixies. THANK YOU to all of you!!
Dream Date
Just Desserts
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 1
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 2
Internet Lovers Meet - Part 3
RAVISHED!!
My Birthday - A Fantasy
Old 05-26-2002, 06:57 PM
Just me.

You bet, Sugar, and God bless you and your husband! My dad was a career officer and he and mom are buried at a National Cemetary near us. We'll be visiting them and praying for all those that have served our country in times of war and peace.
Old 05-26-2002, 09:41 PM
Sensual Member

I am only 29, but am saddened by people not knowing what memorial day is all about. I hear people advertising sales.... wishing me a great holiday.... planning weekend vacations or b-b-q's.
My youngest is a little young to get the full effect, but I will have him think about the men and women who have been effected by war. A moment of silence.
I thought that 9-11 would have made us more patriotic during this holiday. Instead, it is just a marketing tactic or a day off of work.
I, for one will remember, and honor.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Australia and New Zealand have April 25th as ANZAC Day, a special holiday where we remember the fallen and the sacrifices of others in war. It is very well supported by attendances at parades and memorial sevices all around the two countries
(ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corps)
Just last week the last surviving soldier from the Galipoli campaign in Turkey during WW1 died in Tasmania ages 103. He was a boy of 16 when he went to war. He was given a State funeral and it was attended by the Prime Minister and Governor-General.
I myself narrowly missed going to Vietnam. I was scheduled to go but our forces were withdrawn 2 weeks before my departure date.
I have many friends in the RAAF who did go though and feel empathy with them.
Bin Laden and his fanatics are a far greater danger than we have faced for many a year. I am glad I am too old to fight against that lot.