Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2002, 09:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to FireEye8 Send a message via Yahoo to FireEye8
Valentines Day Dinner

I am wondering if anyone knows any good sites where I can find some good romantic recipies to make for my girl on Valentines day. I am not that much of a cook but I am not scared of trying. I am good with a grill and have cooked easy things for years now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:22 AM
Oral Freak

There are LOTS of recipe sites out there --- but the one I use most often is AllRecipes. There's a huge database of recipes that are actually submitted by real people rather than professional chefs and cooking magazines, and the recipes are all rated by members (membership is free) so you have an idea of what you're getting into.

If you're looking for something a little more exotic, try RecipeSource --- they have a great selection of international/ethnic recipes, which you can explore either by geographical origin or by type of dish. You could cook her a theme dinner from Hawaii or Thailand or wherever embodies romance for you, and even set the scene with music and decorations to match...

And last but not least, if you're willing to try something more ambitious, the reigning monarch of recipe sites has to be Epicurious. Their database is made up mainly from recipes originally printed in Gourmet and other cooking magazines. I've had some great successes with recipes from here --- Kahlua Espresso Brownies are always a huge hit, and the Lemon Currant Almond Pilaf is excellent too. (I make the latter with cranberries instead of currants, and the red berries and white rice make a great contrast... Good for Valentines' Day!)

Hope that helps! I've got lots more suggestions, but I think this ought to get you moving in the right direction!

--- sweetstuff

(... who, when not making love, is a compulsive cook ...)
Old 01-28-2002, 07:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nubian
Not sure if it's romantic...

but along the lines of being thoughtful and showing that you *know* as well as love your partner, there's copykat.com. If your girlfriend has a favorite meal or appetizer from one of the better chain restaurants, you might find the recipe there.

I'm sure whatever you do will be O.K. though, because it comes from the heart. And, as we say in my neck of the woods, "put your foot in it!"

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2002, 08:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to FireEye8 Send a message via Yahoo to FireEye8
Thank You

Thanks for the ideas, so fare they have both been very helpful. I think it will end up being a day she wont be able to forget
Old 01-29-2002, 07:26 PM

yummy!!

I don't have a web site to recomend but I do have meal sugestions.
1) broiled chiken breast marinated in a kiwi and papya sauce with fresh veggies

2) fresh muscles cooked in a chillie and tomato broth served over rice

3)fresh seafood alfreado

I make these for my wife for specail ocations and the seem to do the trick. if you need proper recipies just ask

jay
Old 01-29-2002, 08:55 PM
~*Forget Me Not*~

Yummm....what time is dinner Jay?????

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 01-29-2002, 09:18 PM

any time your ready diva
Old 01-30-2002, 01:23 AM
Oral Freak

Jay ---

What do I have to do to get the recipe for that kiwi papaya chicken from you? Name anything...

Sounds like a great dish for Valentine's Day or any other time! Somewhere I have a recipe for coconut mango rice that I imagine would be absolutely divine with it...

Hope this is helpful for FireEye8; I'm getting inspired for my Valentine's Day cooking myself!

--- sweetstuff

p.s. If it weren't for my seafood allergies I'd be begging for the other recipes you mentioned too...
Old 01-31-2002, 10:31 AM

ANYTHING???????????

will descuss the terms later.

peal and dice one kiwi and one papya mix into a bowl with s half cup of zinfindel wine put your whole chicken breast on a baking sheet and cut a small slice into them next smother them in your kiwi papya mix than through them in the ovan till done

I like to sprikel some lemon pepper seasoning on top before putting the chicken in the ovan but thats just me. hope I didn't forget any thing as this is the first time I have written this down so if you have any questions just ask.