Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Sex Talk
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2003, 09:50 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
^^^Alternative Role models^^^

I was wondering about gay role models, especially for gay youth. Do you remember the first person you knew was gay? Did you have a positive or negative view of them?

The first person I knew of as gay was Billie Jean King and I can remember my dad being rude but I could tell my mom admired her.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-20-2003, 10:03 PM

Yep...I sure do remenber this gay guy that used to work as a security guard once, where I worked at.
I tell you, this guy was a gay as they came. Shaking his ass ALL over the place, he was a very comedian type of person, but he was also a cool person to talk to.
He was going to have an operation to have one of his kidneys removed so he could save one of his family members from dying.
He was a very courages dude. I admired him for that.
Personally I don´t have anything against if your gay or straight, as long as your cool with your friends and the rest of the world.

This planet as space enough for everyone.
Don’t even dare
To say what I am
Without dismiss the picture of me from the canvas
Old 08-21-2003, 07:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to BlueSwede Send a message via Yahoo to BlueSwede
I guess Billie Jean King was one of the first persons in the public eye that I knew about. I just thought she was a good role model...period.

One of the first openly gay people I knew was the godfather of one of my friend's daughters. I had no qualms at all w/that, but I didn't think he was a good role model because he really hated himself for being gay and kept trying to commit suicide until he did finally succeed. My best male friend is gay, and I think he is an excellent role model for everybody...he's just a wonderful human being.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:43 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I lived a very sheltered life growing up. The person I even met who was gay was one of the vice presidents at the bank where I worked in my early 20s. He was the Chief Financial Officer and held a very high position in the organization. He was also one of the nicest people I'd ever met, holding a huge Christmas party every year, always taking time to talk or listen, and genuinely caring for people. He taught me a lot about tolerance and courage, and sticking up for your principles. I am very grateful for that, because those ideals form a large part of the person I am today.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 08-21-2003, 09:35 AM

The first gay guy I met came to an office party in drag.

He was a complete scream with a fantastic sense of humour. I've never really understood homophobic people.

Would not want to sleep with him though
Old 08-21-2003, 09:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Smile

The first person that I KNEW was gay,was my cousin in Connecticut.We are not really related,but our families spent so much time together,that we always told people,that we were
related.He is not Obviously Gay.He has two brothers & I have always been good friends with all of them.He doesn't push his
leanings on other people&respects everyones sexual preferances!
He lives with another male,but treats all of his relatives,friends,etc
with much caring.The way that I always felt about things is that,I
don't care what you do,as long as you leave me&mine alone!
Irish
Old 08-21-2003, 09:53 AM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
One of my best friends is gay, but in the closet to most of his family and others (we live in a small catholic town). But you take this guy to the city and he is a free-gay man.

We do drive my wife nuts together since we flirt back and forth.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:19 AM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
I have always had gay friends for as long as I can remember.I have a relative who is a lawyer in the CA State Attn Gen.office who's gay.His boyfriend calls me hon and dearie.I don't mind.I've had one or two "redneck" friends too.Why? I don't know.Always prefered the gay friends to talk to.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Suprise Me

The first gay person that I knew was my high school Sociology Teacher. He was an excellent teacher, and I admired him because he stood up for what he believed in. He wasn't flamboyant, and his lover was a male beautician. They were so cool together.

A year or so after I graduated, some members of the football team started to harass him during school, and went as far as vandalizing his home and vehicles. A bunch of us graduates and current students decided to "patrol" his neighborhood, and call the police if we saw anything suspicious.

He had to eventually quit teaching and move away to another larger town. I was so angry that he had to go thru what he did. He was an excellent teacher and person. The shortsightedness of some people always makes me angry.