Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2003, 07:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Explaination!

For years,people have told me that I have a weird sense of humor.Many months ago,a senior member of pixies,suggested to
me,that I put a "smiley"face,before kidding threads,so that people
would know that I was kidding.Awhile ago,I submitted a thread
(since deleted)that was written in jest.I think that it was titled"Seals!"There was a "smiley"face before the thread,as suggested.As a matter of fact,the person,that made that suggestion,started a reply,saying here He goes again.I correspond,privately,with PF!He knows me good enough,that I
reread my replies.I reread them& they were embarrassing,to me!
They made NO sense,whatsoever!I'm not making excuses,but I
want everyone to know,that under Drs orders,I have been taking
something called"Epidural Steriod Injections.They give me some kind of pain medication,thru an IV,before the shots.My blood sugar readings have been very high,since them&my wife&I,have noticed,that they really screw up my thinking.Maybe I'm allergic,
to them.I have since recieved PMs,saying that I am a mean old man&that I hate Canadians.The thing that attracted me to pixies,
in the first place,was how unjudgemental people were.I awnsered the PM,explaining things,but the persons mind,is already,made up.I think,that name calling,is juvenile,and proves
nothing.Offhand,I think that Jennaflower&Diva,can vouch for the
fact that I don't hate Canadians.Obviously,this is not the site,for me!If one of the moderators will contact me.I will resign as a member.I don't know the process.I thought that,you could"kid"
around with your friends,but obviously not.I thought that I would
explain this to everyone!Bye! Irish
P.S.The injections are for a "botched"disc removal,done at Yale NH
hospital,in 1970.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:01 PM
registered lurker

Pixies is nothing if not understanding. Hope you are feeling better, hun.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:02 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
Dont take things serious Irish, everyone has an opinion and it is the ones with the most conviction (even if i dont agree) that i most respect.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Registered Dork

I quite enjoy your sense of humor and your occasional off-topic remarks! You always have interesting things to add to a conversation...and I hope that never changes.

Steroid medications can wreck havoc with the mind and body though and I can sense that you are stressed out. I don't recall you saying anything that requires an apology either Irish.

I hope that blood sugar stuff gets figured out for you...that too, can make a person feel really out of sorts.

*HUGE hugs going out to you tonite Irish*
Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Huggable!

Irish, I hope you don't leave Pixies. I have always enjoyed reading about your love for your family, the care you show for the helpless & innocent and about your biker days. Pixies is a large & very diverse family. Just think how boring it would be if we all had the same thoughts. There will always be people who don't agree with you. Well they don't have to read your threads and you don't have to read thiers. Please stay around and continue your contributions. I think I am not the only one who reads the forums to get different ideas from my own. Isn't that why we're here, well besides the pictures..... lol.

(((((Irish))))) Have your meds checked. Maybe you need something different or a different dosage. Take care of yourself Irish. The world needs old biker dudes.

teddy
Old 07-23-2003, 09:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nubian
Irish, old pal...

You leave pixies? You've got to be kidding. It just wouldn't be the same without your acerbic wit , you old curmudgeon. Hey, I for one will go on record to say that I appreciate your humor. You *stand out* here; believe me that is hard to do. So chin-up you old outlaw, we've all been misunderstood at some point or the other. It's the nature of the medium and the difficulty of conveying your exact feelings/meaning with words. Why, just today I inadvertently stepped on someone's toes, but we worked it out with a few PMs.

Don't get discouraged by this. I'm sure your positive experiences at Pixies far outweigh the negative ones and it's quite obvious that we all love you. (Well most of us anyway )

Take those damn meds and keep contributing. Enuff said!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:43 PM
here and there

Irish,
I can honestly say that about all of the threads that I have read by you are of a caliber that I can respect (even if I do not have to fully agree with it). You have your opinions and you state them... simple as that. There is nothing wrong with that, and if someone disagrees then this is why it is called a forum.

Forum: "A medium (as a newspaper) of open discussion or expression of ideas." (thanks to Merriam and Webster).

Please consider sticking around and continuing to contribute to the site. I for one enjoy your posts and consider them a part of what makes this place a "family" of sorts.

-Toast (John B)
Old 07-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Lusting Horny Pixie

Irish...

Hope you know me well enough to know that I have always thought.. and will continue to think of you as a wonderful guy Don't for a moment allow misunderstanding to get you down.. those of us who admire you will continue to do so and the others... well... Screw em if they can't take a joke

On a serious note tho.. PLEASE don't leave... I will consider it a personal favor if you stick around.. you belong here... with the rest of us
Old 07-23-2003, 10:15 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
People squabble. Tempers flare. Dust settles. Things will get better. Those of us who know you would miss you. And I seem to have conveniently forgotten how to let people end their membership.....

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Manwhore

WHOA! Hold the phone!! Irish... you just sit back a minute and hold up. You've been a member here for a long time and have always been very open, bold, and forthcoming with your opinions. You also have quite a sense of humour, which takes a little time adjusting too... I don't know if there is any other member that has had me as agitated as you Irish... but this was from you voicing your opinion on a subject that was the total opposite of my feelings. But when it came down to it, you really showed me that you can completely disagree and still be family. I do hope you will change your mind about leaving...

I am not sure who it is that is having issues with you, but whoever they are, they need to know that you have many friends here that enjoy your posts and have a great deal of respect for you.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
Bastard of Member

Send a message via Yahoo to skipthisone
kum bah ya my dude, kum bah yaaaaaaaaa

kum bah ya my dude, kum bah yaaaaaaaaa
Old 07-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Loungin' Around

Irish -- I enjoy your opinions and posts too! Plus, the beauty of a forum like this is to exchange ideas. Please jump back in...the water's warm...sometimes it gets a little hot but that's OK...

I was on steroids for 5 years and had an issue with the "rollercoaster" of emotions they caused me. Maniacally happy one moment and weeping the next. Please be aware of the effect of medication on your outlook and don't make a hasty decision...we want you around!

If you want to talk (to a nubie!) about shitty drugs sometimes...and just vent about the pain and frusteration...PM me! I have rheumatoid arthritis and they've thrown every drug in the book at me over the past 10 years...steroids, cancer drugs, etc. I would be happy to commiserate.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 07-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Suprise Me

I, for one, would be saddened by you leaving the family Irish. Your opinions, responses to threads are sometime convuluted, but that is you.... and there is nothing wrong with it....

Like Lilith said.......... People squabble. Tempers flare. Dust settles. Things will get better. Those of us who know you would miss you.

I would miss you terribly....

Old 07-24-2003, 02:17 PM
~*Forget Me Not*~

(((((((((Irish))))))))))))

I can't make a comment on the thread that was deleted. I didn't read it.

But I do know you. You are a big old biker dude with a huge heart!! And in my eyes, you are the "grandfather" of this family!! And as you know..family squabbles pop up from time to time...but all said and done you just don't leave your family!
You may not talk to a few of them for years.....but family is family!

So I beg you...please reconsider your decision and stay! Your thoughts and beliefs are valued here, even if some don't think so!! And as you can see from this thread.....you will be missed!!

Please stay!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s...and trust me Irish..It's very hard to leave pixies and not come back!!! And if you decide to leave..and come back...you will be received with open arms!

"Never shall I forget the time I spent with you. Please
continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Old 07-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Pixies Horse Widower

Send a message via ICQ to dm383
Irish...... I agree (for once!) with everything everybody has said..... this place just wouldn't be the same without you! I'd noticed you weren't around lately, but I thought you were on vacation and I'd missed a thread or something.

I KNOW you're a man of principle, and I respect that.... also think that this place is big enough for all of us to get along, if not in complete harmony, at least with a fair degree of "peaceability".

Yet another post from me, where I use ten words when one will do!! Just get your Irish ass back here ASAP, and keep on biking!!

DM

P.S. CA loves your posts too...... <<<HUGS>>> from her!!
I only own my mind