Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Call me FWM :)

Hysterectomy?

Are there any Pixies who have had (or whose partner has had) a hysterectomy? I'm trying to gather as much information as possible about how it affects people, as it's something I've been advised I will probably need to have done.

I've heard varying degrees of good and bad experiences. The one I don't understand much about is whether keeping the cervix is preferable to not, and if this can even happen if the hysterectomy is done vaginally.

A colleague told me that she started the menopause immediately and it lasted seven years That sounds like a long time to be having hot flashes and mood swings, which is how she described it. She had everything removed, ovaries and all.

Lastly, how has it affected sex? Was sex better or worse afterwards?

To the guys too, if the cervix was removed, did you notice this during sex?

Any information would be great, I'm inwardly freaking out about it, even though it is a long way off.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:56 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Well I had one 5 years ago due to a basketball sized tumor. There are a lot of questions-

Are you having your ovaries removed? If not you will most likely NOT go into menopause for at least 5 years. I had a short period of about 8 months after the surgery where I was hormonally challenged and having hot flashes etc then my hormones kicked back in because I have my ovaries still. That being said it is also common to go in to menopause early when you have had your uterus removed.

Cervix??? I went in to my gyn and literally told him that I needed to remain a goddess. That my sex life was the bomb and I wanted my orgasms to stay as awesome as they had always been. Soooooo we decided to keep my cervix. Guess what? My orgasms still changed drastically as there is no uterus attached and apparently I had uterine contractions with my orgasms that gave me a very full bodied orgasm. I wish I had not kept mine. It can cause you to spot when you would normally have a period and means you must still have a papsmear every year as opposed to every 3 years.

Sex was affected. Mostly because of my head not my vagina. My orgasms are different now. I do not have as powerful and satisfying ones but I can now have multiples fairly easily. I do not have any of the dryness issues some women report and I think I am still capable of pleasing my partner.

If you have not gone to the HysterSisters website do so immediately. They helped sooo much when I was preparing and also for my recovery which was long due to not being able to remove the tumor vaginally so I had a 13 inch incision hip to hip. The recovery was really hard for that. I remember OldFart and his Mrs. came to visit during that time and I was still sooooooo sore.

I am glad to offer any info or support I have. ((hugs)) I think if you ask people I am still as sexual now as I was prior to the surgery.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Call me FWM :)

Thank you so much for the information Lilith, you've been really helpful. I will check out the Hystersisters website. I had a quick look and there seems to be a whole load of information on there for me to browse through.

I don't know yet whether I'll keep my ovaries, but if I only have the problem area removed ie the uterus, I should be able to keep them. Very interesting to know your experience with the cervix. That is definitely something to look into more.

Thanks again
Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Send a message via MSN to tizana Send a message via Yahoo to tizana
I had a hysterectomy when l was 29, l'm now 46... they did remove the ovaries and cervix, but l have to say my sex life has not been affected, the orgasms are wow... "full bodied ones" as Lilith described them and l also do not suffer from the dryness that many woman do... :-) x