Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Freckle Face

13 days

Had anyone seen the movie Thirteen Days??

I rented it lastnight, and it's a shame that it took a movie to teach me about the Cuban missile Crisis! (damned high school) I have now been inspired to maybe major in history. Anyway....how intense was that! If JFK had made any other decision we could have been in nuclear war with the Soviet Union. Who knows what would have happened then!!! It's a GREAT movie, with a great history lesson and I suggest everyone go rent it this weekend!

His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean; and you're the best thing that he's ever seen.
~Bob Dylan
Old 07-20-2004, 10:44 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I have not seen it. I'll que it up on Netflix...TY for the suggestion.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Southern Belleified

A very good film. One wonders how things would have gone if JFK had not have been killed and won another term. There are a lot of what ifs with history. If the US had not of won the battle of Midway. How would the ww2 have gone?
Old 07-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Freckle Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch22
A very good film. One wonders how things would have gone if JFK had not have been killed and won another term. There are a lot of what ifs with history. If the US had not of won the battle of Midway. How would the ww2 have gone?

I was thinking along the same lines last night, that was when I realized that I could major in history and enjoy school again!

His clothes are dirty, but his hands are clean; and you're the best thing that he's ever seen.
~Bob Dylan
Old 07-20-2004, 03:03 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Thank you for some very interesting thoughts and your prospective, Mackenzie. I have watched, with keen interest, a number reports and reenactments of the Cuban Missile Crisis. I’m sure this movie referenced a point at which a full military alert was issued. I was one of the many thousand men (kids ) that received the global command to go to full combat ready and was immediately separated from any outside information. The stateside civilian population and the rest of the connected world had daily and hourly updates while we gave FULL attention elsewhere. I’ve fond it interesting in the past, to see the different “historical accounts” of something that had my complete interest at the time. I WILL make this a must view

( I know we have a couple other Pixies that may find this interesting from the same prospective)

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Freckle Face

PF-I'm sure you know a little about 'The Manchurian Canidate'....I talked to a guy yesterday who was part of that experiment! Absolutely blew my mind!!!!

~Bob Dylan