Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2004, 04:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
Post count

Before the introduction of all the smut games, reaching milestones of posts meant that a significant contribution to forum was made by the poster.

It was a real achievement and quite noteworthy to get 1000 posts.

To an avid player of smut games, 1000 posts can be quickly achieved whereas a poster who starts threads and joins in discussions will take forever to amass such a tally.

The person playing smut games is having fun and that is great to see.

It does seem that reaching a land mark figure of 1000, 2000 or so on posts is not as noteworthy in some cases as others.

i know it is not a matter of any importance and it is good that people enjoy pixies in any way they wish but I believe that the real achievements are made in quality rather than quantity.

These are just my thoughts after seeing a rash of milestones reached recently asnd thinking to myself, is this really a noteworthy achievement.

I do not intend to cause offence to anyone by pondering over this but was just making a personal observation
Old 07-28-2004, 05:05 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
LOL...quality is very subjective, as is rudeness. Glad you feel comfortable expressing yourself. Hopefully everyone else still feels as comfortable.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-28-2004, 05:24 PM
here and there

I belong to a few boards where the off topic posts are not counted specifically for the reasons that Grumble elluded to in his post. Of course, in those cases there were actually people there that went out of their way to elevate their status solely through random posting. As if your post count meant you were better than someone else. Fortunately at Pixies the post counts do not seem to matter as much as the content of the material posted by the individuals. It is pretty obvious from reading just a few posts those that are truly part of the community and those that are not.

Just my $0.000002
Old 07-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Manwhore

If someone finds enjoyment from reaching a milestone with posts... good. That means Pixies is a positive thing for them and in that we should be glad. Let the individual decide how much their achievements are worth. Even in smut games people learn about one another and form relationships, so who gets to judge who has posts that are worthy and who does not.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 07-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Made in England

Red face

Well, my thoughts are this....

People come here to have fun and if that involves posting celebratory threads, then so be it....no skin off my ass.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:05 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
Well, my thoughts are this....

People come here to have fun and if that involves posting celebratory threads, then so be it....no skin off my ass.

BIBI are you trying to turn me on with this sexy talk of skinned ass?

I saw a lady in a convertible the other day with plates that said BIBI...I checked to see if it was you

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-28-2004, 07:13 PM
~a little bit naughty~

Oh sure pick a day when the new girl post her count.

*Slinks back now to her smut game corner*

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 07-28-2004, 07:18 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
Tess, I'm proud of us no matter what anyone else thinks. I post where and when I want, smut games or a thread of general chat/advice/pictures. Like a "famous" pixie member said.."this is a community and everyone is different."
Old 07-28-2004, 07:22 PM
<----Snappin' Pussy

Ok....my say on it is

To you lot that dont like Smut Games....Ya really should try it....they are fun..and much flirting and mucking around happens in there *LOL* There are occassions where we (read 'i' there ) post and no playing happens....but i'm not doing it to raise my post count i really take not much notice of the number anyway ....i'm doing it to entertain myself....i enjoy it...is it a crime....not a chance

To all fellow Smut Gamers.....keep on smuttin'!!!!!

If someone wants to keep tabs on posts....then by all means let em....they're not hurting anyone

*~Sharni~*

If you go hunting tigers....be prepared when ya catch one!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:23 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

(((Tess))) no slinking off. Smutt games were moved to their own area almost 2 years ago. Makes it much easier to keep the chat and sex topics from being constantly covered by those who love to flirt and play with eachother through the games. There are forums that I do not use as much as others but that does not mean the posts there are not important and valuable to the community I belong to.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 07-28-2004, 07:28 PM
A Little of Both

I have to admit, I've thought the same thing as Grumble from time to time. But, after considering a few things. I decided that all milestones are important. Each post is important. Because each post is someone getting involved and having fun. And they should all be celebrated. I do not think that those with higher post counts should be considered "better" than those with lower. As long as that's not going on...I see no reason why we should throw a lil party thread when someone feels acomplished. And as for smut games...I know there's a lot of controversary about them. Me..I don't play there much. But...I met one of my closest friends on Pixies playing there....so they can't be all that bad.

~Eliza

"The full moon is calling, the fever is high.
And the wicked wind whispers and moans.
You got your demons, you got desires
Well, I got a few of my own"
~The Eagles

Old 07-28-2004, 07:48 PM
~a little bit naughty~

Because I am new I didn't know that there was a controversary about the smut games. I didn't know it was a big deal to make a thread on my count. I was not tooting my horn in as much as I thought it was funny. I had after all seen many threads on the same thing.

No big deal, I am not upset. I just think it sucks that it is on a day that I made a big deal out of something silly. I know that there are many important threads going on in General Chat. Maybe we could start a game for this sort of thing?

Just rest assure I will not be making a thead when I hit the 4000 mark.

Owning Pita, by my JassWolf!!
My Story~ Friday Night Spanking
Old 07-28-2004, 07:53 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
....i enjoy it...is it a crime....not a chance....

Well it should be!!

ROFLMAO

I'll give you two post credits for each game post you put in quarantine. Or how about each REAL post gets a flair gun so I can find them when Sharni opens the floodgates? LOL

As with all of life, the significance of things evolves as others are added. I’m just grateful for the contributions from people like TinglingTess and TinTennessee, regardless where they are posted. The importance and pleasure of Pixies to me is not connected to any numbers or dates. I enjoy and become close to the people I come to know and like. Just as I don’t bother with the ones I don’t. This is a real place and like real life to me. I don’t want it to be different.

Call me when I can cash in posts for cash and prizes. I may change my tune then.

LOL

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-28-2004, 08:01 PM
My own little world

Send a message via AIM to TinTennessee Send a message via MSN to TinTennessee Send a message via Yahoo to TinTennessee
Prizes, what kind of prizes? This could work to my advantage! lol
Old 07-28-2004, 08:05 PM
1 of 8,111,103,258

We are all going to tread in our post counts for a SHOUT BOX!........... right Lil?::

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world