Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
Graduation advice needed please

I recieved an invitation to my ex-wife's oldest daughter's graduation, next weekend. My ex wife and I are getting along fine, and so there are no "problems" there, but while her oldest daughter is the one who caused alot of the strife in our marriage, the daughter and I can be in the same room and be civil to each other these days. That wasn't necessarily the case in the past.

Since I recieved an invitation, what would be appropriate as a gift? Just a card? I certainly feel no need to give more of a gift than that, but is that just be being petty?

I have to work that day so I won't attend the party, even though I recieved an invitation.

Anyone got any good suggestions?
Old 05-26-2007, 03:29 PM

1nutworld,

I suggest a congratulatory card with your regrets at being unable to attend the party.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:38 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I'm heading to a graduation party right now. This year I am sending "motoring money" in the form of gas station gift cards to all my favorite graduates.

If you don't feel an attachment just follow jseal's advice.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 05-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Leo was right

Well, I've got a few in me so I'll try to be brief and as civil as possible (given that I know the story).

Be as civil as possible. Nice card and if you can swing a small gift or cash then do it.

Yeah, that's where I'd best stop with my advice on this one.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 05-27-2007, 03:15 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

I wouldn't expect anything at all from my ex-stepfather with whom I didn't see eye to eye.

Can't quite see why you've been invited but if it's your ex's way of continuing to be on good terms with you, then that's sweet of her.

Perhaps a card to the ex step-daughter and a little note to her Mom, thanking her for the invitation, and subtly congratulating her on her achievements as a mother...something along the lines of 'I'm sure you must be so proud of her - seems like only yesterday she was...' doing whatever it was she was doing that you'll both remember - you must have at least one happy memory of her growing up.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !
Old 05-27-2007, 08:49 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle
I wouldn't expect anything at all from my ex-stepfather with whom I didn't see eye to eye.......

That is EXACTLY why I would send the most impersonal card I could find, with the cash gift of every nickel I could squeeze out, so that I can permanently raise THAT drawbridge with a smile.

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 05-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Loungin' Around

A note is a good idea - just congratulate her.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 05-29-2007, 04:56 AM
Everybody Stretch!

If it were me in a similar situation...

I would send a congratulatory card with a universal gift card (American Express and Visa have them...and they can be purchased at places like drug stores or banks for a small fee) worth a very nominal amount such as $25...no more!

And...the ONLY reason I would include the gift was to spare the mom from possibly hearing "shit" from the daughter about me and my cheapness.

Don't fret this one nut! It might be one of those situations where you are damed if you do and damned if you don't. So just lean to the positive side and all should be fine.

~Thomas Dewar~