Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 AM

Weight Loss question

Okay. So I've lost some weight. About 15 to 20 pounds in the last few months. But I need to lose at least another 20 pounds.

I've noticed tht I've hit a plateau or something, where I've stalled in the losing department. I've been IPODing and walking, elipticalling. But I've noticed that recently my attention is starting to wander a little bit while I do those things.

So...how do I continue to make progress or make sure I have enthuisiasm to continue to lose? I've lost a similar amount of weight in the past and in hindsight, suspect it was a similar deal - I just lost the drive to lose more.

But I really need to (Diabetes risk) lose more weight.

Ideas?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I would suggest to add an activity/sport. Something you enjoy doing because you can move easier without the weight. I have attention issues too so when I used to go to the gym I would do 10 minutes each on a variety of machines and not 30-40 on one.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-01-2007, 11:36 AM

Jax,

The other side of the weight loss coin is reduction in caloric intake. As you lose weight, you might revisit how much - and what - you are consuming.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Grouch

Yeah, I went on a weight loss program a few years back because I neeeded to lose weight to join the military. And well, I went from 254 to 230 in about six months while eating McDonald's everyday and no excercize.

Then I finally got a decent paying job where I could support myself without joining the military, and well I also noticed I am at a plateau at the 20-25 pounds overweight range (I'm going by bodyfat percentage as BMI is misleading if you have any muscle mass). Of course, I haven't gained much weight back in the two years and since I do manual labor I can get away with eating more, but still every site I've checked says that the last 15-20 pounds is harder to lose because of a quirk of the human body where your metabolism just gets really stubborn. Remember, your body is convinced that you NEED that extra fat becuase their could be a famine right around the corner, and if you were doing caloric restriction like I did it is actually convinced you are starving.

I'd suggest a change in routine or even slacking off for a week or two to fool your body into thinking food is once again plentiful, and then attack the problem from a different angle.

As for me, I'm mostly happy with my body. I lost enough weight to where I get compliments especially from people who last saw me three yeas ago or only know me from my awful picture where I weigh 270. I do need to lose my weight eventually though since I don't like having man boobs and can feel myself putting on weight again.

The important thing is realizing it's all about a healthier lifestyle. For years I felt like my weight was beyond my control, and it was genetic since everyone in my family was obese, but after researching and studying the subject I realized how I slowly put on 100 pounds while in high school and college.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Eat well, just not quite well enough.

Slow loss and exercise are the key.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Loungin' Around

Some ideas that have helped me as I plateaued:
1. Vitamins - for some reason, when I take vitamins I don't have cravings for foods with those nutrients and I eat less.
2. Drink water. LOTS of it.
3. Switch up the activities - each activity only works certain muscle groups, so if you change it up frequently you get a better work out.
4. Monitor calories. I use a site: www.fitday.com
5. Make sure to take days off and give your body a rest
6. Try to vary your caloric intake - some days I am as high as 2700 calories and others I am more like 1500 - this roller coaster keeps your body from budgeting to a certain calorie intake.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 07-04-2007, 08:48 AM

All good thoughts. Thank you. Much appreciated.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 AM
BigMan on the SW Tip

Send a message via AIM to Jayman Send a message via MSN to Jayman
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
Some ideas that have helped me as I plateaued:
1. Vitamins - for some reason, when I take vitamins I don't have cravings for foods with those nutrients and I eat less.
2. Drink water. LOTS of it.
3. Switch up the activities - each activity only works certain muscle groups, so if you change it up frequently you get a better work out.
4. Monitor calories. I use a site: www.fitday.com
5. Make sure to take days off and give your body a rest
6. Try to vary your caloric intake - some days I am as high as 2700 calories and others I am more like 1500 - this roller coaster keeps your body from budgeting to a certain calorie intake.

I have battled with my weight my whole life...I am most successful at losing and maintaining that loss when I do exactly this! Switching up the activities is what helped me get passed the plateaus.