Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2002, 02:07 PM
loveli1

Smile General Relationship question

I'm 21 and the guy I'm sleeping with is 28. He moved out where I am from another state in September. I am pretty much the only person he knows here. I have a 13 month old daughter by another man and the guy I'm seeing is okay with that and he is very good to her. We've been sleeping together for 3 months and I am really getting attached to him and like him very much. He has already given me the whole speech about how hr's not the guy for me as far as a relationship but then he gives me mixed signals - like when we're supposed to hook up sometimes he gets really tired and we just go to bed, no sex or anything. Well, usually he helps me out but nothing for him. And the other day he was telling me how when his lease is up he's probably going to go back home, but how he wants me to go with him. So i'm very confused by this whole thing. He seems like a very nice typical guy who's probably afraid of commitment or whatever. I really need help on what to do. Do i tell him or just keep it to myself? also sometimes when he has to work late i get upset because i can't see him and he thinks it's because i don't get any sex and he gets mad. so pleeeaaase give me any advice you can. i'd appreciate it so much. sorry this is so long

heather
Old 02-14-2002, 02:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
It has been my experience

that when a guy says no strings he means no strings. That does not mean that they do not care but just that they are not willing or able to make a serious investment in that relationship. It is hard when you get into it for sex and you begin to feel more but such is often the nature of us girls( or so a caveman told me)! I would try to back off. I would also think hard about whether you are going to permit yourself to fall for him. I hope it goes your way.... Let us know!

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 02-14-2002, 02:30 PM

heather,
This sounds like a very difficult situation but there are some things you might want to consider carefully. When he gave the "I'm not the guy for you speech" is it possible that he was really saying something else? Like maybe you are not the girl for him? Please don't take this the wrong way, I am just trying to figure out why he would say that if he really wanted to continue the relationship on a permanant basis. It sounds like he is not ready for a commitment in a relationship from what you wrote. How do YOU feel about moving back back home with him? Would this move cause you to become dependant on him? And what if you move back and then he decides to end the relationship? Just my thoughts... Good luck!
Old 02-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Lycanthrope Love Machine

Caveman speak true

I wouldn't make any big decisions. You have a 13 month old and from the way it sounds you are relatively settled in Chicago. If you really care about this guy, then tell him you need to think and to see how things go. You can still see each other, not as often but you'll learn if you really care about one another regardless of proximity. Think about yourself and your baby first. With your guy's absence you should be able to figure out if you can or can't live without him. We cavemen can be a fickle lot, but when we find the one we want to keep we keep 'em. He also must learn whether you are the one he wants. That is what it boils down to. If you two really are in love, you can't live without him and he needs to be near you, then you will work something out. That's the way love is.

Good luck.
And the moon is full and bright."
Old 02-14-2002, 04:37 PM

Hi Luv,
I think you need to have a long hard look at your present
situation,then a long heart to heart wth this guy.you have to know where you and the little one fit into his future.
Best of luck,
Old 02-14-2002, 10:39 PM
Pixaholic in rehab Member

Send a message via ICQ to mindboxer505 Send a message via AIM to mindboxer505 Send a message via Yahoo to mindboxer505
Thumbs up #1 priority

loveli 1, I think fang and blk ct have the right idea about one thing for sure. you have to put the well being of your daughter first. sex and relationship be damned! that little girl is depending on you to care and love her and help her get started in this world. please consider her first and foremost as you plan your life with this man and moving with him to wherever. god help you in your decision. mdbx505
Old 02-14-2002, 11:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
loveli1---When you meet the right person;You will know it.I know
it's hard to believe.The night that I had the first date with my wife
;I had three other sure-thing dates with good looking women;and
I was only 18& a serviceman.I would screw a snake; if you held it's head;and the head part was optional.I went out with her because I wanted to go out with a girl that I respected.I told the
others that I had to work in case that didn't work out.Un- fortunately;two of them saw me out with her. Irish
P.S.We have been married for 36yrs.so it must have been the right choice.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:21 AM

Cool Loveli1

A couple of interesting points.

1. He's more interested in getting you off than himself.

2. He's looking at putting miles between you.

Sometimes men get into a relationship where they feel

an obligation to do the right thing, but really want a time-out.

With your friend, if the passion's gone, but he isn't, you're

probably looking at the endgame of the relationship.

Talk it out with him honestly, deal realistically with what the

two of you decide, then tell us about it.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:20 AM
loveli1

Thank you all sooo much. It's so nice to have an outside opinion. I will take everything that was said here into consideration. and about my daughter I would never do anything to hurt her or put her in a bad situation. I am trying to figure this out for me before she is even brought into it. so far she's just seen him when we go to his house and play. just like when we go to my brother's or another friend's. there's no attachment yet and that's why i was trying to figure it out. but thank you all again so much. i still don't know what i'm gonna do lol, but i'll try to sort it all out.

Heather
Old 02-15-2002, 11:46 AM
Pixaholic in rehab Member

Send a message via ICQ to mindboxer505 Send a message via AIM to mindboxer505 Send a message via Yahoo to mindboxer505
heather, a good idea would also be to see how your daughter and your boy friend relate and ''communicate'' with each other. i know she is still an infant but how does he react around her to ordinary, daily things? IF YA CAN GET HIM TO CHANGE A ''DIRTY'' DIAPER, BY ALL MEANS ,,,KEEPHIM!!!!!!!!! LOL!!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
A lot of what Fang said can be summed up in that hokey but true saying, "If you love something, let it go, if it comes back, it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was yours." Sounds like your guy is just as confused as you are, and just maybe putting some space between the two of you will answer all your questions; I know it's hard to let go of a good thing, but good luck whatever you decide!

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:05 PM
loveli1

So far he's been great with my daughter. We've gone to the zoo and the mall and he buys her things and plays with her. A lot of my friends won't even do that because they don't want people to think she's theirs lol. But as far as that goes he knows that she comes 1st no matter what and he's very good to her. I was going to tell him that we should hold off on everything for a while, but then what if he is the one and I just blow him off? then that would suck highly. i'm just very confused right now. Then last night I went to his house and we were hanging out and he asked me to spend the night so I made babysitter arrangements and I did. Then we just laid on the couch watching tv and we went to bed. nothing happened at all. so if he just wanted sex like he claims then what is that about? and then when i try to leave in the morning he never wants me to go. i guess that's why i'm confused maybe we just think differently.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
loveli1---Were you and your daughters father ever married?My
autistic grandson has gotten really attached to my youngest
daughters boyfriend.He has many of his own kids from a previous
marriage(youngest few in teens)and is not interested in having
anymore.My daughters-ex is almost jealous of their interaction.
My daughters boyfriend treats him very affectionately but has no
intention of trying to take his fathers place.Who can figure it?You
wouldn't believe how much he changed from the person that she
originely married.He was an Army Ranger Airborne when they first
married.Now he's a legend in his OWN mind! Irish
Old 02-15-2002, 01:37 PM
Yummy!!!

Loveli

I know I will probabluy get raked over the coals for this, but I just want to point out a few things:

1. you are only 21
2. you've only been "hooking up" for 3 months
3. he doesn't have any other friends in the area

It is possible that he needs you, where you both are right this minute, because you are comfortable, safe and familiar. I would (in agreement with nearly all other post-ers) encourage you to let him go. There's no telling what is in store for him at home, let alone you and your baby.

Whatever possessed him to say that he "wasn't the guy for you" may have something to do with whatever is waiting for him back home. Let him go, get settled, and contact you if he wants.

In the mean time, buy some erotic literature and a vibrator and "set yourself free"!

Ophelia
Old 02-15-2002, 01:45 PM
Lycanthrope Love Machine

Tread soflty

How old is your guy, 28? Hmmmm. A lot of us guys right around this age should be more mature but we aren't. Many times we say we want one thing (sex and only sex) but deep down we don't know what we want. It sounds like your guy really does love you regardless of his "in it for the nookie only" statement. Be careful. We (guys) can do a lot of emotional damage to the women we love without ever intending or wanting to. It sounds like your boyfriend is just as confused about what he wants as you are.

I'll reiterate what I've posted before loveli1: Take your time. Make no decisions now. If your boyfriend must leave, you must let him. The old saying goes, if you love something, set it free. I know you are worried about losing "the one." I'm not convinced it works that way. Right now he is the one. If things don't work out, you will recover and you will find another. You might find something out about yourself in the process and be happier in the future. You might even discover "another one." They are out there.

About 7 years ago, I lost the love of my life. I wanted to marry her and have children with her. I loved her more than life itself. Things didn't go as I would have hoped. Neither my fault nor hers, it just worked out badly. I moved 2500 miles away from her and have not seen her since. I was devastated. I thought I'd lost my one true love and hope to be happy. In time I got over her. Being single, I learned a lot about who I was and who I wanted to be. I met a wonderful woman. At first, I had no idea she was going to be as important to me as she has become. We have been married now for almost 2 years and we just had a beautiful son. I am happier than I have ever been. The one that I thought was not while the one that is I almost never met. The person I am today would not be in love with that long ago sweetheart. I still think about her and lament losing her as I truly did love her, but I am happier now and much more self actualized. My wife is fantastic and I hope and pray that I never lose her. But if I do, things will work out.

Trust in love, trust in your boyrfiend, and most importantly, TRUST IN YOURSELF! Listen to your heart, but reason with your mind.

Look before you leap.
And the moon is full and bright."