Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Melted

It's BBQ season again!...

...And I need some tips!

No matter how hard I try, my BBQs always end up very well-charred... How do you make sure your BBQs turn out tasty???

And while we're at it... What's your fave BBQ recipe??? Best marinade, spice mix... Tell me

Si à travers nos veines coule encore le sang...
Si dans les jeux d'enfants on entend encore l'accent...
Si nous sentons encore l'espoir de nos grands-parents...
Si dans les voiles du large souffle encore le vent...
Y'a jamais eu de Grand Dérangement.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Booger Lama

best hints I can give you is use low heat and don't put the sauce on untill the meat is almost cooked all the way

it's not the orgasm but getting there thats fun

a shot in the bush is worth two in the hand

whip me, beat me, tie me up, break my arm, but please don't break my heart

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid people are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell
Old 07-09-2004, 08:22 PM
~getting by~

my favorite sauce is Tony Roma's Carolina Honey - I use it to marinate my food first for however much time I have that day... then I throw the food on my gas grill and I don't follow the low heat theory, as much as the indirect heat. I leave it on and flip once. Of course the only thing I make this way is chicken... always plenty moist on the inside and flavorful.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:34 PM
With all due respect

Send a message via Yahoo to fredchabotnick
If its always turning out well charred, I think the key is lower heat or don't leave it on the grill for so long. You'll have to experiment a little to get used to how fast your grill cooks. Luckily, you know how long it takes to cook it too much, so if you remove the food a couple of minutes earlier, you should be in decent shape.
And Maddy is right, only flip it once.

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself." - Guildenstern, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”
Old 07-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Insatiable

The food is being cooked at too hot a temperature. If you are using coal, wait until the coals are all white before putting the meat on. If you are using a gas grill, turn down the flame to medium.

As for marinades, I have a recipe for a red wine marinade with garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and a touch of thyme that is to die for.

rabbit
Old 07-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
Let the coals (you are using coals?) nearly die out or at least turn to partial ash and then push 1/2 of the to each side out of the way of the middle of the BBQ where you are going to place your meat to be cooked.Whatever you choose should be cooked in the heat and not over the direct flame of the burning coals. Do not poke anything into it while cooking,use tongs only and turn over only once. Strive for a seared outside and medium rare inside.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
I have a gas grill, with all the hot & cold spots they always have, & have to agree...avoid too much heat, & I've found a little marinade of worchestershire (I use Lea & Perrine's, but I think any brand will do) on the frozen burgers before cooking makes them much juicier...& you all know I like juicy...

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Keeping warm

I don't care much for BBq sauce but i do like to take my chicken brest strips that i'm gonna put on the grill and maraniate them in Itallian salad dressing, i use the fat free. then grill it, it keeps the chicken moist and gives it great grill marks........mmmm must fix that tomrrow for dinner now lol.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:14 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I kinda like the "charred" effect...but it not spose to be very good for you. I'm usually the only one who'll eat the "burned" chicken or what not. Then again...I like lumpy mashed potatoes, cold chinese food...etc...so don't go by me. LOL!

If you are BBQ'ing chicken with the bone in, it doesn't hurt to boil it for a few minutes before you put it on the grill. That will insure that it won't be bloody at the bone (I know...icky thought...but it happens) even when it looks cooked on the outside.

Spray the cook surface with a non-stick spray and heat the grill for a few minutes (if it's a gas grill), on high, to get it hot...or, if coals, let them turn white. Turn the heat to low and put your meat on (lid up)...and let it sit for a few minutes before you try and turn it. Tending the grill is key to not charring. Get yourself one of those temperature forks (found at any place you find BBQ supplies). It'll tell you "rare, medium rare, medium well and well". Once you've turned the meat and it's cooked on both sides for several minutes, you can apply any sauce. I love Stubbs BBQ sauces because they stay where you put them and don't slide off the product. Stubbs has a website, ILOVESTUBBS.com if you're interested.

The more "greasy" a product...ie:cheap burgers with high fat content, etc...the more likely it'll cause the fire below to bypass the coals and char-burn the meat. So...buy lean meats and take the skin off the chicken and you'll have less charring.

Finally...keep a close eye on the meat and baste and turn every two minutes or so till your fork (aforementioned) says it done to your liking or (if you don't have a temp. fork) till you feel it's done well enough. This "feeling" comes with practice so don't fear cutting a steak open (at the thickest part) to get a visual on the doneness!

Hope this helps...or even makes sense for that matter! LOL! Happy BBQ'ing!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 07-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Melted

Thanks for the great advice guys Lixy I am gonna have to get one of those forks!
Hopefully my next BBQ won't be a disaster!!!

Si à travers nos veines coule encore le sang...
Si dans les jeux d'enfants on entend encore l'accent...
Si nous sentons encore l'espoir de nos grands-parents...
Si dans les voiles du large souffle encore le vent...
Y'a jamais eu de Grand Dérangement.