Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2006, 09:10 AM

Contraceptive's

i was just wondering what contraceptive's everyone is on, im not now and never have been on anything as i have never been sexually active, not that im planning to be anytime soon either, but feel perhaps something i should do anyway.

Im bad with taking tablets, so the pill is a no go, i have to take tablets as it is, and im shocking with them so i was thinking something easily forgetable for a while like implanon or the depro-pravera shot, implanon as the bonus of forgetting about it for 3 years, but have heard some shocking reactions with a few ppl...i dont cycle, never have because of PCOS and i wouldnt like to start now either lol, im REALLY happy with the no cycle situation so wouldnt like for implanon to start it for some reason, i know depro is meant to stop it though.

so what does everyone do?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
pixie of the wood

Send a message via Yahoo to wyndhy
rubbers and the occasional...aw c'mon, be a man ferchristsake...it can't hurt THAT much. it's only a quick snip. it'll be over before you know it. what's the bfd?

i am curious though...why would you want to put yourself on hormones for contraceptive reasons even though you aren't sexually active but you don't want to use hormone therapy to treat the symptoms of your pcos?

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

some fairly sordid tales, rambles, and anecdotes
Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 06-15-2006, 03:13 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
He's fixed and I'm soon to be spayed.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 06-15-2006, 03:37 PM
is not this trim anymore!

They say I'm fixed, but sometimes I feel more like I'm broken.

For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.

Complete surrender should not just come at moments in which one faces overwhelming odds, but in the calm when it seems one is personally in complete control of one's life.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jude30
Does anal count as a contraceptive method? Just kidding since I know it's possible to get pregnant from anal even if it is difficult.

My wife is on the pill, and she keeps threatening to get me snipped.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Animate my Sex Fiend

Send a message via AIM to SexKittten_18
I use the evra patch... cant remember to take pills to save my life lol
Old 06-15-2006, 11:10 PM

We did pills for years, several different types. We're that 0.01% that can get pregnant even when the pills are taken as instructed and we have *3* kids to prove it I volunteered to get snipped after #2, but she said she didn't want me to. I didn't argue too much.

After #3 was born, Mrs Soundman got her tubes tied. Her OB/Gyn said he wasn't going to let her out of the hospital unless she did (she has other health issues and a 4th pregnancy could have been very bad).
Old 06-15-2006, 11:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to sexychrissy Send a message via MSN to sexychrissy Send a message via Yahoo to sexychrissy
Actually they are recalling the Patch due to health risks so i woul suggest getting the pill and just setting an alarm to remind you
Old 06-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Turn it up!

Send a message via AIM to scotzoidman Send a message via Yahoo to scotzoidman
My son has a pill case with a built in alarm to remind him to take his meds, & I'm thinking it must not have been too terribly expensive if we could afford one...obviously, I did not make the purchase

If the theory does not conform to the facts, then the facts must be discarded.

No good deed ever goes unpunished

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, & beat you with experience.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:11 AM

seems most ppl go for the pill still i guess.

wyndhy reason im thinking of going on something even thugh im not and dont plan to be sexually active is because sometimes things happen, regardless of if you want them do or not and reason for not getting the pcos treated is because im quite happy to live with it, of all the symptoms, only 1 or 2 i dont like , the rest, they kind of have a bonus lol, weird i know, but true
Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 AM
~getting by~

I take seasonale, which is a pill. The major difference is it is a three month pill rather than 28 day pill. I have my cycle only four times a year due to this pill. I'm not worried about pregnancy at the moment, so I'm not 100% faithful about taking it on time daily. I have reasons beyond pregnancy to be taking it.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:23 AM
pixie of the wood

not weird at all chicky. i only asked because hormone therapies/pills/treatments have side effects, not all of them good. but living with pcos, i'm sure you already know that. why don't you just buy a few rubbers or sponges and keep them with you at all times? or get fitted for an iud. that way you have the contraception you want without the hormones.(feeling the need to point here out that iuds and sponges are not effective at preventing stds)

The forest would be very quiet if no other birds sang than those who sing the best * Henry van Dyke

Hypothetically Speaking * Something More * Cammy Interrupted * An Experimental Vacation * Masked * so..damn..hot * Thank You * My toy, his idea * no.19 Maple Lane * I Have A Surprise For You * Yesterday * In a Quiet Kitchen * help me decide * untitled prose * more untitled prose
Old 06-16-2006, 09:41 AM

whats an iud exactly?
to be honest, i wish i was barron, i never want kids and if they would rip my uteris out, id be one VERY happy girl, but that would never happen because of my age, chances are i cant have kids anyway, but id love something permanant, its just the age issue on why that will never happen.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:30 AM
pixie of the wood

good grief, that's awfully extreme. never say never.

iud info:
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/pp...126734316068294

Old 06-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Mrs FussyPucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky
seems most ppl go for the pill still i guess.

wyndhy reason im thinking of going on something even thugh im not and dont plan to be sexually active is because sometimes things happen, regardless of if you want them do or not and reason for not getting the pcos treated is because im quite happy to live with it, of all the symptoms, only 1 or 2 i dont like , the rest, they kind of have a bonus lol, weird i know, but true

Chicky - if 'things happen' you need to be using condoms. If you have sex that isn't planned, the chances are it's not in a serious relationship - getting pregnant is the LEAST of your worries. If, God forbid, you were raped, you'd be given the morning after pill as a matter of course anyway.

I think you'd find that if you went to the doctors' and asked to be given the injection or implant, they'd want to try you on the pill first anyway, since they tend not to prescribe long term hormone treatment until they've seen how your body reacts to short term hormone treatments. In general I think they don't like the idea of fitting the IUD before a woman has children as it can on rare occasions have an effect on fertility.

I know you say you don't want kids, but you're still young. Trust me, things can change as you get older, and you should NEVER think of doing something permanent so young. There was a time I was never going to marry, never going to have kids, never work in an office, never have a mortgage...but then I grew up and realised that the terrifying commitment that all those things represented to me as a teenager became welcome stability and, in the case of marriage and kids, the biggest adventure I could ever hope to have.

M Y - N A U G H T Y - P I C T U R E S ! !