Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Ethical Epicurean

Send a message via AIM to lakritze Send a message via Yahoo to lakritze
A Pride Regained

As most of you probably have guessed,I have been a liberal,progressive Democrat all of my life.I stand quite a few metres left of center in most of what I believe is right and true in what it takes to practice Democracy. Well,I just finished watching the Democratic National Convention and let me say:I am so impressed with John Kerry's acceptence speech.The first three nights of the convention,I was at work.So I had to listen to some of the most magnificent speeches from former Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton,Threasa Heinz Kerry,Barack Obamo and John Edwards on a radio through a small set of ear plugs.Tonight it all came together with the accetence of the nomination of John Kerry to be our next President. This man is a uniter.I feel he is totally honest with a new and much needed direction.I am impressed with his determination to send the message that this country can still be a becon of hope and promise to our people and to the rest of the world.The Democratic Party has never been the left leaning party of "tax and spend" liberals but it has been the party that has been inclusive to all. Tonight the entire Democratic party in many of the diverse people who over the past three nights spoke so elequently to the dreams we have for a brighter future and the steps toward a pride regained.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Learning to talk sexy

I'm glad to hear you're happy with things, that is good .... just have to say though, that I don't think I ever lost my pride in this country. I love the diversity and the opportunities.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Banned

The Daily Show just said Sharpton's speech galvanized the party, too.

A good convention, definitely.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:41 AM
broken

Send a message via Yahoo to FallenAngel5
As a registered Democrat, I've been keeping close tabs on the Convention as well, and I've been so impressed with all of the speakers. I'm also not ashamed to admit that the September 11th memorial had me sobbing in my living room. The speeches by Clinton, Gore, and Carter just had me amazed. I've read the text of each of these several times, and they still leave me stunned. I am so happy with the way that the whole Party is rallying behind Kerry and Edwards in this election. I think that we've gained a unity that was lacking in 2000, and that lack prevented the win, but this year...

I shall stop my political pandering now and just enjoy this time.
Baby I’m your slave
I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave
Tie me to the bedpost
I like it rough
cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all
Old 07-30-2004, 06:26 AM

Gentlefolk,

Good Luck!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Grumble
As an outsider I must admit I am impressed with John Kerry.

This man will not jump into war without good reason I am sure, he knows for real what it is all about and he knows how to lead under exteme pressure.

To hear that he wants to bring in a health care system available and affordable for all Americans is something that I think is sorely needed in the worlds most prosperous country.

Wonder if social change like 4 weeks annual holiday for employees could be considered too.

I just hope that the election is not brought to a farcical result like the last one. I reckon the electoral college is a crock of shit, let the candidate getting the majority of the votes cast by the voters be the president.

Can't wait to see the last of George W.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:49 AM
~~Kinky Bitch~~

Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1979
i gotta say that i luv being an american and being able to vote and be able to pick who i want as pres. and as unpopular(in this thread) as this sounds im NOT democrat. repblicans generally are more military oriented and since im very pro military ive always voted republican. ya bush has his down falls (mian one being the against gay marraige thing) but i feel all have thier downfalls and i will stand behind our military.

nikki
Old 07-30-2004, 07:47 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
lakritze~ I also caught the speeches, I will with the Republican convention too. I must say Obama was magnificent. And John Edwards does this cute little nervous thing with his tongue

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-30-2004, 08:00 AM

Grumble

Many people think that there is a single election for the US president. This is not so. The US has 50 statewide ones. The winner of each state gets all of that state's votes in the Electoral College except in Maine and Nebraska, where the votes may be split. The Electoral College has 538 votes, which is the number of seats in the House of Representatives, plus 100 for the Senate plus three for the District of Columbia. All these elections occur on the same date, and so appear to be part of a single whole.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Southern Belleified

Well as an outsider, the thing I noticed was when Edwards said that they will go after the terrorists and destroy them. That is the first time I have heard the word destroy used.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Serious Member

Loved Mrs. Kerry - sexy lady!!

I wouldn't let her loose on the global diplomatic stage too much though. Maybe just Europe.

Madam, if you were my wife, I would take it.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Ethical Epicurean

I kinda think that Theresa Heinz Kerry has an Ingrid Bergman thing going for her. She is anamazing lady. It's about time we have a smart,hot,sexy first lady. Obama's speech was fantastic.He is a rising new star who will go far......
Old 07-30-2004, 11:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to Irish Send a message via Yahoo to Irish
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseal
Grumble

Many people think that there is a single election for the US president. This is not so. The US has 50 statewide ones. The winner of each state gets all of that state's votes in the Electoral College except in Maine and Nebraska, where the votes may be split. The Electoral College has 538 votes, which is the number of seats in the House of Representatives, plus 100 for the Senate plus three for the District of Columbia. All these elections occur on the same date, and so appear to be part of a single whole.

It's nice to know that SOMEONE knows,how the election process works!I have
made a vow to myself,not to post anything political.I only tell my close friends,how I feel!Otherwise there is just a BIG argument! Irish
P.S.Besides,I'm not mature enough,to discuss politics,without losing my temper!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:13 PM

lakritze,

Keep in mind that this is the end of the beginning. There is a lot of hard work that must be done over the next 3 months to turn it into the beginning of the end. I doubt that the Republicans will let Mr. Kerry and the Democrats enjoy the traditional “bounce” in the polls given by the convention. They have already set up a website, DemsExtremeMakeover.com. I got the message there that the Democrats are so ideologically bankrupt they need political plastic surgery to make them look like Republicans to ordinary Americans. Some polls suggest that the Republicans’ charges of “flip-flopper” against Mr. Kerry have stuck.

Don’t ease up now – incumbents are difficult to beat.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Ethical Epicurean

www.alternet.org/mediaculture/19406/ If this is the worst thing that the conservatives can come up with,then is it enough? There are many gullable people in this land who will take this dreck as gospel but I think most of the country is waking up to the truth. What can the Republicans campagin on? Bush's 4 year record? Not if the want him reelected for another 4 years.So I guess they will have to resort to the only thing they do well. Slander,lies,tampering with the voting system in November like they did in 2000 and appealing to the lowest of the base feeling of fear and of course their grossly missguided view of patritism so expoused on in the publishings of their ilk such as Ann Coulter and David Horowitz.I wonder how a guy who has a spotty record at the very least in the Texas National Guard could even think of standing tall alongside somebody who saved the lives more than once of his fellow service men while on tour in Viet Nam?