Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 06:16 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
2 More Days!!!!!

til Dreamgurl sees her idol. Got me wondering have you ever met your idol? Or finally get to see them, etc? Did that person live up to your image of them?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Keeping warm

aww now i just feel all special.......I'll be sure to let you know if i do
Old 07-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Banned

I'm just glad I know what the two days more means now.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Everybody Stretch!

I don't get it ^^^^...but this got me to thinkin...do I even have an idol? What makes someone an idol?

Oh damn...maybe it's too early to be thinking. LOL!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 07-12-2004, 07:57 AM
1 of 8,111,103,258

On Wednesday, DreamGurl will have to make her entry on
http://www.pixies-place.com:81/foru...ghlight=brubeck

"If God didn't want you to play with it, He would have put it between your shoulder blades,..... not at the end of your arm"

Except for speculation, we ONLY have NOW and EACHOTHER!

real world of cyber people ~ Pixies ~ real people of the cyber world
Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Leo was right

I actually did get to meet my idol a few years ago. It's pretty silly for a grown man to idolize an athlete but my all-time favorite baseball player is Ryne Sandberg. When I was 16 years old back in 1984 I got to go on a weekend trip to Chicago with a few of my buddies to see the Cubs and Cardinals play at Wrigley. There were three Cubs fans and three Cardinals fans in our group. We had only one hotel room and had therefore decided that whichever team won the game on that Saturday, their team's fans would get to sleep in the two beds that night and the other guys would get the floor. Well, the Cardinals were winning 7-1 after the 2nd inning and it was just miserable for us Cubs fans. Slowly but surely the Cubs chipped away at the Cardinals lead until the bottom of the 9th when they were still trailing 9-8. The Cardinals had an absolutely great pitcher (Bruce Sutter) in the ballgame so it was pretty much over for the Cubs. Mr. Sandberg stepped up to the plate and launched a homer to tie it and send the game into extra innings. Oh my god what a feeling! Then in the 10th inning, Sutter was still in the game because the Cards had scored 2 runs in the top of the inning and Ryno came up again and again he launched a homer to tie it up! The Cubs went on to win the game and I had an idol that will probably be with me for the rest of my life.

I got to meet Ryno (if only for a couple of seconds) a couple of years ago when he came to Iowa for a Cubs function and when I saw him I felt like a little kid meeting a rock star or something even though I was in my 30's. I literally felt weak in the knees, I couldn't believe this guy was sitting there signing my baseball! All I could think to say was, "I was there at that game in '84 when you homered off of Sutter. Thank you for the greatest day of my life." He just smiled and said to me, "It was a pretty good one for me too." Man, what a thrill that was for me.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Made in England

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixyChick
I don't get it ^^^^...but this got me to thinkin...do I even have an idol? What makes someone an idol?

Oh damn...maybe it's too early to be thinking. LOL!

Lixy, Lixy, Lixy!

You must have been half asleep.

Seems I recall something about a guy named Steven Tyler........
Old 07-12-2004, 12:39 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

I was gonna say...exactly BIBI.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 07-12-2004, 12:52 PM
~Imaginary lover~

Send a message via MSN to cowgirltease Send a message via Yahoo to cowgirltease
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
til Dreamgurl sees her idol. Got me wondering have you ever met your idol? Or finally get to see them, etc? Did that person live up to your image of them?

Well I met mine last year. and I get to see him again in 49 more days.
And yes, he's more than lived up to my expectations!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Dreamgurl, I envy you... I'd LOVE to see him perform! He's the best, I am a huge fan. Please give us every detail, ok???

As for meeting idols... I don't actually have any. BUT... I can say that I've met someone who I feel is going to dramatically change my life. For the best, very much for the best. My hope? That I can do the same for him, in the very best way possible.

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 07-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Keeping warm

i can't wait , i've been counting this down and i know i've been driving you all nuts lol. we leave about three in the afternoon eastern time and i don't know if i'll be able to post tomrrow night but fist thing thursday count on the play by play. lol
Old 07-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Nurse Ratchet Graduate

Send a message via MSN to flutelady
Never would a fellow Clay Fan drive me nuts. Pea green with envy? You bet!

Have a fabulous time... I want to hear every detail!!

It's no trick loving somebody at their best. Love is loving them at their worst.
~Tom Stoppard~

It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.
~George Burns~

As bad as I am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than I seem.
~A. DiFranco~
Old 07-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Everybody Stretch!

Well BIBI and Lil...the thing is...I don't think of an idol as anything other than someone I would aspire to be like. Not someone I would want to fuck to death! LMFAO!

But...if in explaination, an idol IS someone you'd want to fuck till you both croaked...than Steven Tyler IS my idol!

TY for the explaination PF!

I hope you have an amazing time dreamgurl! Looking forward to the blow by...er...play by play!

~Thomas Dewar~
Old 07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Keeping warm

I had the best time ever. Our seats wer like 50 feet or less from the stage so we had a great view. I was in the middle section row T but it was MUCH closer than I thought. Clay is a riot when he starts talking soo cute lol. When my friend and I were waiting to get in we talked to his bodyguard Jerome for like 15 min and I tried to get my tour book signed by having him take it back stage but he said he couldn't do it because it wasn't fair. Oh well I tried. lol He saved Solitare for last and teared up durring it and Measure of a Man.
he is much skinner when you see him on the stage and he looked very tired but the show was awsome. and just because i told some of you all last night in chat I had to buy these when i saw them. but sadly my butt is too big to fit into them but i still bought them lol. Sorry it's blurry my cam is crap.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:25 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Cute and I'm so glad you had a good time!

~>My Scribbles<~