Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 12:46 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Fund Raising

I'm going to be trying to raise some funds at work for a special event. I do not want to use any of the corporate fund raisers. I was trying to think of something peeps need/want at work or during their work day that we could make to sell. I know we coulddo a bake sale etc. But I was just trying to be innovative. Can you think of what types of things you'd be willing to buy during your regular work day?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
not just for breakfast

There is nothing better than coffee during the work day.

Maybe you could get your local grocery store of Duncan doughnuts or bob forbid SB's to donate the beans and you brew it up fresh. It only costs pennies per cups/lids and I bet you could sell a bunch!

Good luck!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:33 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
We could indeed do a coffee cart. I like that idea.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 09-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Call me FWM :)

I agree, a coffee, cake & soft drinks cart would probably do very well. A couple of ladies in the office I used to work in did this for a fundraiser, dressed up in short waitress outfits, lots of leg and cleavage showing, and they were much appreciated by all They had a lot of fun and raised a fair bit of cash as they did the rounds, too
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 PM
arOusal art!st!

Send a message via AIM to Salacious Send a message via Yahoo to Salacious
Knock a nickel off if they provide their own cup for filling. You want to be green and ecologically responsible.

Variety is the soul of pleasure. ~ Aphra Behn

Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Learning to talk sexy

Shredding .... maybe the local Walmart would be willing to donate a few delux shredders, and the kids could do flyers or such and set up a booth where people can bring their items for shredding ... Maybe charge $X per minute or $Y per pound of paper that will be shredded ...

I'd pay for that ... even if I had a shredder at home (which I've never gotten around to getting), it's a tedious job and if people know they can bring a bunch of labels, mail, etc. to be shredded, I bet they not only would pay, but many might even be generous in how they pay and/or tip.

On the other hand, I might be really an odd duck (I'm sure there's really no "might" about that)!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtWithMe
I agree, a coffee, cake & soft drinks cart would probably do very well. A couple of ladies in the office I used to work in did this for a fundraiser, dressed up in short waitress outfits, lots of leg and cleavage showing, and they were much appreciated by all They had a lot of fun and raised a fair bit of cash as they did the rounds, too

I like that idea!

And the coffee and cakes sounded good, too.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Loungin' Around

At our school, we used to sell flowers (carnations) which you could buy with a little homemade (think construction paper square) card. Kids would buy them for their sweethearts or teachers, or just to have them.

We sold them for $1 -- but I think with inflation you should charge $2.

The other way to do this as a fund raiser is to do it near a holiday time and have kids deliver them to the recipient's homeroom. It can kind of be a "secret crush" thing then. Buy a flower sometime the week before delivery day...fill out the card when you buy...card and flower get paired up the morning of delivery and sent to the kid's homeroom.

Just a thought...

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney