Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > Advice
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 10:04 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
Pixies Power

I have seen this sort of thing done elsewhere and wondered if it could truly work here.

I'd like to create a small corner here for those of us who need support in our efforts to change our lifestyle meaning things like habits (such as smoking or even financial spending), dietary changes, or exercise. I'm envisioning a place to brag about accomplishments (no matter how small) or bitch about failures, to cheer eachother on to making better choices, to offer eachother insight and encouragment. I think it would be a great place to report or keep a running record of daily, weekly, monthly, goals and what good choices you are making.

I found this site www.tickerfactory.com that has tickers to keep track of your goals and achievements. I'm sure there are other places too with behavior modification tools.

This would also be the place to discuss tactics you have found useful to help you to make those choices, as well as feelings about how thechoices you are making are impacting your life. Feel free to blog here, record keep, celebrate or whine.

I put this in Advice because it's mainly a support/advice thread and also because this forum gets less riff-raff and it's a seriously personal type subject.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Keeping warm

This is a great idea Lil. Seeing as how I am going to try to loose about 25-35 more pounds, this would be a great way for me to force myself to stick to it. Just in case the food journal doesn't work like it did last time I know I will always have you guys. (((((( hugs))))))
Old 01-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned

Thanks for the motivation! I will do my sit-ups & push-ups asap!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:03 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
Thanks for the motivation! I will do my sit-ups & push-ups asap!

How many? Are you trying to build up to a certain # or just starting off maxed?

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 01-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Thank you Lil .... I've set goals for this year to lose weight and get more mobile ... working at the increased mobility several times a week ... but now working a lot harder at the weight issues as well ... I plan to go with a low carb (not non-existant, but low) and lower fat eating plan, increase my veggie intake ... I don't like most fruits, but I'm get more of them into my eating plan as well.

And still working to increase my savings, etc. on a financial level.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:49 AM
I do naked cartwheels.

Do we get personal spankings from Lilith if we don't make achievements??

I'd probably try to GAIN weight if that was the case.... :P
CasperTG

My Photos:
https://imgur.com/a/80hiRdm
Old 01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
How many? Are you trying to build up to a certain # or just starting off maxed?

I can only do about 50 pushups & 100 situps a day. I'd like to double both by the end of the month.

I just got back from the pool & was impressed with the 20 laps I cranked out. I think it would have went better but canvassing for the NDP was hard work yesterday! Those freaking leaflets tired out my right arm (yes, PF, just like you surfing Pixies!).

And yay to Fzzy for resisting temptation! I have been eating rich foods b/c of the Chef who Abuses Butter (CAB ) but it is healthy -- lots of veggies . . . & having been a vegetarian for many years . . . I just don't feel good after eating fast food.

I have been active with the dog but he's a "stop & sniff the flowers/dog pee/pizza crust" kinda walker now in his old age so it's not much of a cardio workout.

I've also been walking on my lunch breaks every day. Yay resolutions!

Yay Pixies Power!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Learning to talk sexy

Anybody got a nice piece of wood for me to gnaw on .... ooops, I didn't think about where I'm posting .... I didn't mean that as a sexual comment, but go ahead and laugh all you want at me for it .... Just having a day when I really want some of my former type of food to eat .... I'm so thankful for sugarfree jello snack things .... only 10 calories a piece and it's a sweet fix, but I still want more ... craving my carb addiction foods .... breads, sweets ... I haven't given in to it, but that's probably mainly because I've gotten rid of all of those type of things from my house and I just keep reminding myself ... Thin is going to feel so much better than anything could taste .... Thin is going to feel so ......

I know the cravings will pass in a couple of days, just the sugar working its way out of my system, but it's a royal pain at the moment!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:02 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Excellent dreamgurl!!! 25-35 is do-able! Think of what you have already done!!!

One time, a very long time, ago I lost 70 pounds so I know I can make changes and stick to them.

Here's my long term weight goal ticker!

I am going to drink 6 bottles of water a day. I also plan to adhere to a low processed flours/sugars eating plan. More veggies, more fruit, more nuts, more lean meats. I plan to avoid white flour, bad fats, and high fructose corn syrup at all costs.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-26-2006, 06:06 AM
helo everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I have seen this sort of thing done elsewhere and wondered if it could truly work here.

I'd like to create a small corner here for those of us who need support in our efforts to change our lifestyle meaning things like habits (such as smoking or even financial spending), dietary changes, or exercise. I'm envisioning a place to brag about accomplishments (no matter how small) or bitch about failures, to cheer eachother on to making better choices, to offer eachother insight and encouragment. I think it would be a great place to report or keep a running record of daily, weekly, monthly, goals and what good choices you are making.

I found this site www.tickerfactory.com that has tickers to keep track of your goals and achievements. I'm sure there are other places too with behavior modification tools.

This would also be the place to discuss tactics you have found useful to help you to make those choices, as well as feelings about how thechoices you are making are impacting your life. Feel free to blog here, record keep, celebrate or whine.

I put this in Advice because it's mainly a support/advice thread and also because this forum gets less riff-raff and it's a seriously personal type subject.

Yes I think this is a great idea, I have alo seen on other site's and it has worked wonders for the site.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:37 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

fzzy~ I lost 70 pounds once a long time ago after baby #1 and I did stretching and floor excercises like leg lifts and pelvic thrusts for the first 30 pounds.

~>My Scribbles<~
Old 03-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Loungin' Around

Well...ended yesterday just over 2000 calories, which I guess isn't too terrible. We went to PF Changs and got take out...was yummy.

I plan on working out today and also doing some much-needed errands. I'm going to try and target 1800 calories. Let's see how it goes.

'Grats on the elliptical machine, Lil. I hope you like it!

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 03-26-2006, 11:48 AM
~*Geeky Girl*~

I'm so envious, Lil, of your new purchase! Like maddy, that thing kills me--but I'm determined to build up my stamina on it over time.

I also made a purchase this week--a heart rate monitor. I opted not to get the one with the chest strap--I wasn't sure I'd like that. So mine is a watch type, and, unlike most doctors and nurses, it finds my pulse pretty darn easily. Today was my first intense workout with it, and I loved it. Mine has the option of a 'calorie countdown,' which basically means, since it knows my weight and resting heart rate, it counts how many calories I burn during my workout for me.

I did almost 4.5 miles on the treadmill and seven minutes (LMAO!) on the elliptical after that. I burned closed to 500 calories.

However, my main concern was my after-breakfast glucose reading. I'd had a bigger breakfast than I had planned. While my fasting was in the range I wanted it to be, I basically shoved the kids out the door as soon as I finished eating in order to go to the gym and hopefully counteract what I feared was going to be a bad, bad reading. It worked--much to my relief.

Today's the last day of my three-day, diabetes medication-free trial. I've already listed out my sugar readings since Friday morning and will give them to the doctor in the morning. I guess at that point it's up to them. They're not as low as I'd like, but still pretty darn good for someone who IS diabetic. I have my fingers crossed.

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, then let it, and if you have to wait for what you really want, take the time because nobody said that life would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it." ~ Unknown author

Old 03-26-2006, 04:01 PM
~getting by~

Lilith, I'm proud of you for getting a piece of equipment in your home. I hope it pays off for you.

IAKG - I'm excited to hear you like the heart rate monitor, now I'm more inclined to get it myself. I was waiting for your review. Is the petite really small around? I'm concerned it would be too small for me, I don't have that dainty of a wrist. And, I hope you get good news about the diabetic meds tomorrow...

fzzy - I'm glad you are starting to move more. Listen to your body it is more than willing to tell you when you are doing too much.

osuche - I'm still amazed that you have found a way to be med free and I think that's a huge accomplishment.

I've been lazy today. I'm eating good but now that I'm feeling better today I really need to get on the treadmill. And I need to run the stairs a few times to get the laundry done.