on them. Please take a look at the pictures at
this link:

http://www.ondademar.com/site_inter...=2117/2263/B/72

Please come here and sign the petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/VSlotus/

We need to express our voice so that
people cannot take advantage of us.

I'd like to thank you for doing this.

Click on "contact us" at that website and write them an email. I just wrote this.

Your company is selling a bikini with images of Buddha in the crotch of the Bikini.

http://www.ondademar.com/site_inter...=2117/2263/B/72

Don't you think that this shows utter lack of respect for worshippers of this great and ancient religion that have been around before the days of Christ?

I am sure all people who show respect for any religion would be greatly angry at your lack of taste.

Please let me know why your company have chosen to be so disrespectful to the Buddhists around the world? Thank you

Victoria Secret wouldn't let other people sell their stuff would they? I mean they spend much money on marketing, why would they let other people sell it?

I am very distrustful of accusations made on the Internet. Please find evidence that Victoria Secrets are the producer of the bikini.

Ondademar is a high end swimsuit designer/manufacturer. So it look like Ondelamar is the one we really should go after. Victoria Secret is just reselling Ondelamar's swimsuit.

See here for more info on Ondelamar: http://www.ondademar.com/aboutus.htm

You'll notice that Victoria Secret is one of their retailer. Other retailers include Sax 5th Avenue, Nieman Marcus and Bloomingdale. We should also consider complaining to these stores too.

I already wrote an email to Ondelamar about their lack of taste.
Go here to write them a nasty email: http://www.ondademar.com/contactus.htm

We can also call their Florida office at 305-854-6620 to lodge our complaint. Hey, we all get free long distance with our cell phone anyhow, so lets call them.

Don't just sign a petition. Lets spam them with tons of email and phone calls.

Yeah keep complaining so they will stop. If they like to put other people religion on a swimsuit why not put jesus on their swimsuit. I bet they are not buddhist. Even if they are buddhist they shouldn't do that cuz it's not right!!

If they like to put other people religion on a swimsuit why not put jesus on their swimsuit. WHY can they put JESSU right infront of their private part ? I am so mad mad mad

In other countries like Far East Asia women are still held in LOWER esteem BUT in China, it’s a different story. Chinese women are much more aggressive and outspoken and held in Higher esteem.” I love Communist that provides males and females Equality and WOMEN’S Rights in China.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:01 AM
ThePower of Chinese Woman

is it killing muslim is not enought now want to making fun on us who are buddism?
In other countries like Far East Asia women are still held in LOWER esteem BUT in China, it’s a different story. Chinese women are much more aggressive and outspoken and held in Higher esteem.” I love Communist that provides males and females Equality and WOMEN’S Rights in China.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:13 AM

ChinesePussy,

I am so sorry. This shows, yet again, the enormous philosophical and theological gulfs separating the Orient and the Occident.

While I can appreciate your fury at this coarse insensitivity, I suggest that you avoid engaging in acts of which the Buddha would disapprove.

I have notified OndadeMar, and I suggest that you also contact all the chains which carry this line of swimsuits, and alert them of the grave disrespect that is stitched into each piece. The retailers may be more responsive to public opinion than the manufacturer.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Made in England

I''ll have to speak to Richard Gere before I comment here.

BUT....I think your statement is very provocative with the comment about "killing muslims"......so I shall say no more and exit.........stage left!
Old 04-23-2004, 08:25 AM

bibi

I am just being so mad when i look at the picture . it is very normal reaction.

how do you think if there is a JESSU picture right infront of my PUSSY ?? Is that look like Jessu trying to lick my pussy?
Old 04-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Made in England

oh boy.....I think you missed my point, so I shall leave it at that!
Old 04-23-2004, 08:58 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

You know, I sat down and thought about this thread. I am neither christain nor muslim, yet I stopped and thought about how loud the public outcry would be if VS had put a picture of Jesus as the christ figure or the prophet Muhammed on the fabric instead. Then I thought about how many pictures of Kali I've seen on fabric, including fabric which might be made into a swimsuit one day, and thought, wow, I couldn't possibly imagine the outcry from Hindis-maybe if it were Vishnu, but not Kali. I've seen many pictures of several pagan gods/goddesses on clothing, but none on swimsuits. No hue & cry there, either. Seems to be a matter of how it's presented.

In the final analysis, I suppose it's disrespectful if you personally find it disrespectful.

I do agree that this particular presentation is disrespectful of the majority of buddists (even though I am not a buddist). Perhaps to be on the safe side, VS should consider not using fabric with religious figures on any of their products.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:19 AM

gekkogecko

thank you for your words, yes I do agree with you.

Bibi

sorry did i miss you point here?
Old 04-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Pixie's Resident Reptile

Quote:
Originally posted by ChinesePussy

Bibi
sorry did i miss you point here?

I *think* (I hope I'm not putting incorrect words here in your mouth, Bibi) that her point was, that, along with the previous statement about possibly putting Jesus in the crotch of a bikini, the statement about killing Muslims categorizes the US as automatically disresprectful of any religion that isn't Christainity. IOW, it's a contextual thing.

This is one legitimate interpretation of your statements: that you, personally, see us as a monolithic culture that couldn't give a rats ass about non-Christain religions.

It is not my personal interpretation, but I can see how another person might read that into your statements. In that light, yes, I could see why your second post was unnecessarily provacative.

Me, I just saw you as blowing off steam, and read the statements together in that light.

Bibi, please correct me if I have mis-interpreted your response.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:38 AM

gekkogecko

you are great!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 09:40 AM

bibi

thanks
Old 04-23-2004, 10:39 AM
It wasn't me!!!

Send a message via MSN to musketeer
Remember the problems the publication of Salman Rushdie's book The Satanic Verses caused? If the Buddists in the world had radical groups similar to some Muslim groups, would designers be producing these designs? I don't see an image of Muhammad on a bikini.
if not an escape from life?
Old 04-23-2004, 11:10 AM

so Musketeer, do you mean Buddism are too kind in the world ???
Old 04-23-2004, 11:39 AM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
IMHO It's insensitive to...

1) categorize an entire nation by the acts or perception of the acts of their government or millitary (who carry out government orders).

2) place an image of any diety on intimate apparel in such a way as it may be deemed offensive.

But both happen.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 04-23-2004, 11:44 AM