Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bare4you
Healthy Hearts

I suffered a bit of a heart attack last Saturday and thought since I am back "in the pink" now I would share some thoughts regarding warning signs.

First - get that annual checkup. If the body is telling you that something is wrong - get to the doctor right away and then listen!

The symptoms I was ignoring are "classic" heart attack warning signs but I never realized pain to the lower jaw was a sign - but it is when combined with other things.

The short story of the events are that I had 100% blockage in an artery leading to the heart (I guess the heart does need all its blood after all!) and they ended up putting in a stent.

I'm on drugs for the rest of my life now it seems. Some I should have been taking all along others for the near term. Major lifestyle changes are also happening. Probably the most important is to stop smoking! I'm about to start on a new drug that is supposed to be better than the patch and to be honest - can't wait! Diet, exercise, stress reduction are next on the agenda.

The bottom line my fellow Pixies is that you need to listen to your body. Mine was screaming something was wrong and I've ignored it far too long. Who knows what would have happened if I had listened earlier - but that's history now. I know I'll listen the next time my body tells me to slow the hell down and go to the doctor!

I'm not going to preach at you or anything - but I do encourage you to get to the doctor once a year and head straight away when you body is yelling at you. I feel better now than I have in years!!!!!!

Prognosis is that I can resume being a pervert whenever I so choose! Once the bruise on the groin heals from the cath where they shoved the stent up to my heart - I'll be pervin along with the rest of you!