Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Fallen

Exclamation "For Every Begining, There is an End...": Thoughts on the Matrix (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Ok, so I saw "Matrix: Revolutions" today at the early show and thought I would share my thoughts, and see what others thought. For those that have not seen it yet, don't worry, the spoilers are all down below

Overall I liked it very much, I was actually more caught up in the story and what would happen next as opposed to paying attention to any special effects they did (this from the 3D Animator/Modeller). Granted, overall I go for story and character content over fluff anyway, but I was very suprised at the emotions that were evoked in me by this movie. With that...on to the spoilers, so stop reading if you still have yet to see it

Ok so...I just had to share my thoughts on a few scenes...first off, I was not prepared for the enormity of the assault on Zion. When I say that, I don't mean the scale of the assault by the machines, but just the raw power that radiated from it.

The first scene where the first drill breaks through to the docks and the APUs (I absolutely love those) let loose, it was the start...but when the hole widens...and you see the endless flow of sentinels coming out...and they form that one long chain and all the main guns center on it, firing for all their worth...only to see it not slow down and smash into the tower...I just felt the utter hoplessness of it all.

But still they keep fighting, even though you feel the plight of their struggle...the scene with Captain Moffta (I actually forget his name ) is all alone in his APU and the little kid is reloading it for him...watching him just sit there and unload upon the hordes of machines bearing on him as they funnel over and around him...as they rip him to shreds and he screams out his defiance...that show of remarkable valiance...indomitable spirit...it made my heart wrench.

Of course last but not least, the scene with Trin and Neo. Yes, it was kind of inevitable, you pretty much felt it would happen...but I had this sinking feeling once she said she was there, and Neo dropped to the floor...that she was going to be torn in half, and his hand was going to encounter her torso...which would have just put me over the edge...thankfully she was "just" impaled heh. Yet even though I knew it was going to happen...it still didn't stop me from feeling the pain...

On a lighter note, who wanted to see more of Seref (sp?)? I thought he was damn cool and bad ass, loved his demeanor. Anyway, just some ramblings by me, maybe I am just a softy Anyway, hope everyone else enjoyed it.
"And as we all play parts of tomorrow, some ways will work and other ways we'll play. And I know we can't all stay here forever, so I'll write, my words on the face of today...and then they'll paint it" - Shannon Hoon