User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2004, 02:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to MeeShell Send a message via Yahoo to MeeShell
What to do?

Hey everyone,

I am more of a lurker than anything else. Too shy to say anything or post pictures. I need some major advise in regard to a situation I have with my boyfriend. Just to give some background, the end of this month, we will have been together a year. I met him through a friend. Basically, since the night we met, we have been inseperable. I have my own apt and he, coincidentally lived around the block from me, with his mother. After that, he pretty much moved in with me because we couldn't bear to be apart from each other. In the beginning, the sex was great (as it always is with new relationships) but that slowly started to fade and it had nothing to do with me. To this day, I am still the giddy school girl that gets all excited when he is in my presence. For him, its not the same. I told him from the beginning that I was a very sexual person and he said that didn't bother him. I can't tell you how many times we have had the conversations, that start with me asking, Is it me?" The answer was always no. The answers I would get would be, stress, tired etc. I am the money maker between us, the money he makes at his jobs, he turns straight over to his mother. (She helped him pay off some loans so he wouldn't have to deal with the banks anymore) He leaves NONE for himself to live off of. I told him from the beginning that, that did not bother me but now it is starting to. I work 50-60 hours a week and told him if he helped out around the apt it would mean more to me than him giving me money to help out with the bills. I am starting to get annoyed at the fact that I come home to get something to eat and its gone. I don't feel that he is contributing in a lot of ways that he should be. I started to realize that anytime we did have sex, I was the one initiating everything all the time. I was not used to this. And when we did anything sexual, it was always me doing things to him. It seemed like if I mentioned something I would like for him to do, he would do it but make it seem like a chore. I told and still do tell him these things. He told me that there are things that he thinks are more important than having sex. Like doing things for each other, holding hands, cuddling etc. I told him that is all fine and dandy but when you are in a relationship and love someone, making love to that person is the greatest way of showing that person you love them. Last night, we had this conversation again because the last two nights have been complete failures. He mentioned that he thought "I" wanted something so he was trying. That really hurt my feelings and I told him that we both need to want it together. He tells me he understands how I feel but I don't think he does. I told him I am craving attention from him and longed to be touched. He doesn't seem to understand the difference between holding hands and him caressing my body and kissing me all over. I told him that I feel very unattactive and I want him to make me feel like I am that and that I am sexy to him. He has also told me in the past that some of his past relationships have ended because of his lack of sexual awareness. I love this guy with all my heart. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have never been treated better (except in some aspects) and he has shown me patience that I never thought I had. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to lose him over this and he told me he wants to try to change things but can't promise anything over night. What do you think I should do? He hasn't had many partners before me and I try to show him things or tell him things I like and answers with an "I won't do that." Please help me! And thanks if you have managed to read this far!