Live Chat

Go Back   Pixies Place Forums > Sex Talk > General Chat
User Name
Password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Leo was right

Okay, a friend asked me to give this a go so........ how tough can it be right?

Start easy and work my way in right..........

1. I'm 38 years old, never married, no kids.

2. Got a B.A. degree in Mass Communications (1990) and completed all but three credits and my thesis towards an M.A. in communications studies.

3. Dreamed as a boy of someday playing baseball for the Chicago Cubs. Senior year of college I decided that I had to try and walk onto the baseball team just to see "what may have been". I played in high school but wasn't good enough to get any offers or anything. Made the team on the final cut and got to play in just one game before I had to give it up because of class and work obligations. Got to play 2nd base just like my baseball idol, Ryne Sandberg, and struck out three times at the plate. Got to hit a 4th time in the top of the 9th inning and I hit a home run that won the game for us. I can't explain how great that felt.

4. I was engaged to my high school sweetheart but it just wasn't to be. We were simply too young to be doing something like that. We broke up when I caught her cheating on me with a friend of her younger brother (who was 13 years old).

5. Five different ladies have asked me to marry them over the years but I just couldn't do it. A couple of them I loved very dearly but I have a reason to be a bit gun shy about a commitment like that. If I can hold it together long enough to finish this post you'll find out why.

6. Parents divorced when I was 11 and my sister and I lived with our mom. Dad was an abusive prick to both mom and my sister but not with me until the summer we moved. He got mad at me for not mowing the lawn up to his standards and decided he would chain me to a tree in the front yard and take the belt to me. That son of a bitch died in '93 and I strive everyday of my life to be a better man than he was.

7. Like to keep things pretty private and actually I've opened up more in this past month or so here at Pixies than I have at any time in my life. I have sort of followed along in the background for a few years and just decided to dive in a while back. Hopefully I'm not annoying you all too much.

8. I'm a dog lover, always have been. Got a really special little guy who is mine now but I'm afraid I'll have to get rid of him soon.

9. Worked jobs in radio, television and at a newspaper while in college. Didn't have the looks to continue in TV and the voice was there for radio but the money wasn't going to be there.

Okay, number 10. This is sort of a tough one for me but what the hell. I see my friend has opened up here so I trust her instincts.

10. I was born with a chronic/terminal lung disease. At the time, kids usually didn't survive for very long with this affliction. Luckily I had a more mild case of it and was able to be relatively normal throughout my childhood and early adult years. It has caught up with me in a big way over the past few years and quite frankly I'm in sort of a daily struggle the magnitude of which some days I don't know if I can handle. I've had to leave a job that I didn't love but did enjoy the people I worked with and had moved up quite rapidly into "kinda big wig" position due to it. I'm currently on Soc Sec Disability because my lungs function at such a low level.

That's the main reason I've never married. I knew this was coming and I just couldn't bear to put someone I loved threw the pain of seeing me fail as is inevitable.

Can I go with an 11th one too?

11. I will break out crying every time I see the ending of the movie "Field of Dreams." Brings back the only good memories I had of my father. We used to play catch out in the front yard of our farm. He even wore an old time mit that was all fingers and no webbing. He gave me that memory and a love of that game that I just can't shake.

12. What the hell, may as well not stop now huh? I have sort of a list of goals I'd like to accomplish and recite them every morning as soon as I get done with my respiratory physical therapy to clear my lungs:

*Someday I will see Charlie Brown will kick that football.
*Someday I will see the Cubs win the World Series.
*Someday I will live to see them find a cure for cystic fibrosis.

Well, Charles Schulz has died. The Cubs have scared me a couple of times and well, I'm fading pretty quickly so I really hope that last one happens really soon.

No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~~ Francois Mocuriac

Confucius say, "He who masturbate into cash register come into money."

An optimist looks at the glass and says it's half full. A pessimist looks at the glass and says it's half empty. A Cubs fan looks at the glass and says, "When's it gonna spill?"

Deus Impetitio Esuritori Nullus
Old 12-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Manwhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuche
This thread makes me cry. Every time. I'm so amazed how open we are with one another, and how much I care about our little community. And then I saw skip's posts.

Exactly.

Clever? Nah, I ran out of that years ago. But if you find this, let me know, k?
"The road goes ever on..." ~ Tolkien

In memory of my friend skip...
Go then, there are other worlds than these
Old 12-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Not there yet.....

WOW........... what a bump..... I had to read the entire thread.......

I should contribute, but can't right now........ ((((((( to ALL previous posters)))))

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Loungin' Around

((((IowaMan))))) ~~ just cause you're my friend and I know it took a lot to write all that.

I hope it feels good just to say what's on your mind.

I think men talk to women so they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so they can talk to them. ~ Jay McInerney

Old 12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
~getting by~

1. I'm an incredibly guarded person and share very little about my past with those that are close to me, just this year I have finally started to unload some of it.

2. While I love my parents dearly, I'm incredibly ashamed of them more often than I care to admit.

3. I worshiped one of my siblings and ended up extremely disappointed. We don't speak unless absolutely necessary.

4. My other sibling has always disliked me. I finally spoke my mind a year ago and that put an end to our relationship.

5. I've accepted that I don't have a strong family connection and can only hope if I ever create my own family I can show them how to be an open and loving family.

6. I'm the only person in my mom's family to attend college. I'm the only person I'm aware of in both sides of the family to earn a master's degree. No one in my family understands the level of accomplishment I've earned.

7. I wonder where my drive for success and education came from, whomever planted the seed, I'd like to thank.

8. I'm in debt greater than I ever thought I could be, but I'm digging myself out of it one month at a time.

9. I'm overweight and my confidence suffers greatly from it. I have tried often to change this but usually the 3 month mark is what breaks me of the new and improved lifestyle.

10. I swore I was a dog person and despised cats until I got a cat of my own three years ago. Although I'm allergic and he's a PITA I couldn't imagine not having him or having a dog again.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:25 PM
♦*♥Moderatrix♥*♦

Send a message via Yahoo to Lilith
I checked this thread twice and can only find 10 so far so here goes

11. I am still tortured by my relationship with Skipthisone and go from loving him to hating him still all these years later. He taught me so much and I'm grateful but I wonder if I'll ever be able to get past what he did. I still feel guilty, distraught, and abandoned.

12. I'm not really a good teacher. I find it difficult to show my students how to do specific tasks. I know that I'm still new at this but I need to learn some good strategies.

13. I waste a lot of money and buy more clothes than I can get good use from. I end up giving most of it away often still with tags attached because I only end up wearing things I love.

14. I never wore red ever until a few years ago when someone I who I really respect the opinion of made me feel like I was beautiful in it.

15. I'm not sure how I really ended up running Pixies or why both sets of owners have been kind enough to let us hang out together on a site that costs more $$ than it makes. But I'm grateful everyday.

The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there.~ Betty Grable

If I wanted your opinion, I'd remove the duct tape and ask you for it.~ Me
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
One man's dream is another man's nightmare~~~~> §¤ Lilith ¤§

~>My Scribbles<~
==>Gone Shopping<== ~Just a Quickie~ *~A Celebration Vacation~* ~Surprises~ Sleeping With the Window Open
What Did You Do Today? Self Defense Class ~Short Sweet Snippets~ § Summer Spin § Story Challenge Submission Pajamas
Old 12-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Not there yet.....

Well let's see how this introspective goes.....

1. I'm very grateful to Lil and Pixies for giving me a place to hang out and be myself

2. I have the most wonderful wife that puts up with my idiosyncrasy's

3. I'm the oldest of 5 and the only college grad as is my wife and 2 kids

4. I'm not happy about some choices I've made in life

5. I tend to plan most of my life as opposed to being spontaneous

6. I tend to have bouts of SAD this time of year

7. I usually see the funny side of most circumstances

8. My profession has allowed me the opportunity to meet fascinating celebrities and some great leaders of our country

9. All people I've come in contact with have added an additional dimension to me and made me what I am today..... even as I still evolve

10. My wife and adult children are my reason for being

Afternoon Delight

Delightful Rendezvous!

Is the love I gave her in the past, gonna be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes........
Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Melted

1. I play Neopets.

2. Only in this past year have I learned to like beer.

3. It's not easy to be one of only about 50 000 french (first language)-speaking Nova Scotians.

4. I am Catholic, and say the rosary when I go to bed to help me fall asleep. I was the sacristan at my church back home for a few years.

5. I love studying. However, I will procrastinate as long as possible before beginning an assignment.

6. I am a very clumsy person. I will trip over my own feet, spill anything spillable, break anything breakable. I will laugh while doing it, though.

7. When I was in grade 5 and 6, the others in my class at school would pick on me and torture me psychologically. To this day I hate the teacher for never helping me. Only after I was crying in pain and frustration would he try to get them to shut up. Day after day.

8. Because of #7, I was very depressed as a pre-teen and to a certain extent as a teen. For a few years I cried myself to sleep every night, and while I never tried to kill myself, I thought of it every day.

9. Because of #8, I hate crying. I can cry by myself, but I try not to let myself cry in front of others. This makes it difficult for me to confront issues in relationships, since tears are so often unavoidable.

10. I am working hard on voicing my needs in my relationship with Lake. I lost him once through my own stupidity... I ran away because it was easier to do that than talk. He is the love of my life and my soul mate. With him I am complete.

Si à travers nos veines coule encore le sang...
Si dans les jeux d'enfants on entend encore l'accent...
Si nous sentons encore l'espoir de nos grands-parents...
Si dans les voiles du large souffle encore le vent...
Y'a jamais eu de Grand Dérangement.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Just me.

Forgive a goofy ol' man but ... well ...

I sure love you people!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:47 PM

Special people, DB.

They need to be to have survived this place.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:30 PM
gurly gurl

(((((((((iowaman))))))))))
Old 12-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
I guess I've avoided this thread long enough..

1) as a kid I hated paper mache projects, yet find myself looking at doing some for my current hobby.

2) the above mentioned hobby is model railroading.

3) I'm a proud veteran. United States Navy USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994

4) I'm most proud of my job as DAD, to my 8 year old son Ryan.

5) I want to visit Pearl Harbor on December 7, sometime in the next 5 years.

6) I want to attend the Army-Navy football game.

7) I wish I was better at gaining "friends". I have a few friends that I am close to, but its a fairly small group. I'm just not one of those who has friends that number in the triple digits.

8) I am an excellent cook, on the rare occasions that I choose to do so.

9) I'm a huge baseball fan, and some day will visit all of the MLB ballparks with my son.

10) I've visited 34 of the 50 states, 4 Canadian provinces, and 14 countries.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Just me.

Model Railroading, eh, 1nutworld? I used to have a nice "N-Gauge" layout myself, although we had to take it down and I've never gotten to set it back up again. It was basically a point-to-point line short line called the "Harrison and Duffy Railroad" between to small towns with a central loop to alow continuous operations while yard work was being done at either or both terminals. Along the loop were various industries and another small community.

Love model railroading and would like to get back into it some day.

Saw a cute idea you may enjoy. In a Model Railroading magazine, the person told the readers that he painted opposite sides of box cars with different names (like B&O on one side and Santa Fe on the other). From any angle you could only see the one side, but when the train reversed direction coming out of a tunnel or something, it looked like a whole different train.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Pixies Flirt

Send a message via AIM to 1nutworld
Thanks DB.

I never saw that article, but then, I've just had a subscription since this summer. It's an interesting idea.

The hobby is on "hold" for a bit, but I can't wait to get working on it soon.

I've got my benchwork done for a roughly 12 x 8 x 6 L shaped HO scale layout. Now that I've got it built, I already want to change to one that is more managable going along the walls of my basement. But given my circumstances, I think I can wait a while before I get to work on it.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Awesome on my Own

My turn to spill my guts

1. I have a phobia of bridges, such as long ones, wooden ones, curving ones, suspension, tall ones especially ones over water. When I drive, I fear that I am going to crash into the side rails. When someone else is driving, I am highly critical of their driving when they go over bridges. (Cedar Rapids Iowa has an interstate road that goes through it that is alllllllll bridges--terrifies the shit outta me)

2. that being said, I have no fears of driving in large cities though......go figure

3. I love to drive, and not driving right now is driving me nuts (pun intended)

4. I have Bi-polar II disorder, and right now, you'd think that I would be in a mainia, but I am in a depression and not very chatty so I feel guilty. You all will know when I am in a mania as my posts count will go up fast and I tend to go to chat more. I am on some really good medication for it and I am able to be functional when I am depressed.

5. I have a weight problem, those who know me in real life know how big I am, but online I have hidden it well, I think. However, if any of you have seen the movie "Shallow Hal" I think that my inner beauty rivals that of Gwenyth Paltrow. Mayhem is helping with my weight and body image with love and lots of sexercise.

6.I am a very caring and trusting person and I have been burnt several times because of it, but it hasn't hardened me. I love wholeheartedly and you will know if I love ya.

7. as some of you may know, I was shown the way to Pixies by Lost. I started posting because I wanted to impress him because I had the hots for him. I stayed because I fell in love with the Pixies family and fell in love with my Mayhem

8. when I was little, snakes, spiders, lizards, worms and frogs would creep me out, now I loves them!

9. I faint at the sight of my own blood bleeding from a wound, or a blood draw at a hospital. Yet I can donate blood and not get faint or woozy.

10. Mayhem and I are getting married exactly 6months after (or before, however you want to look at it) my birthday. We are getting married December 29th 2006 at 1430 GMT!

I want to add that I am a very slow typist so this list took me an hour to do.